13th January 2012, 07:05 PM
Shubham D. Kadam

Procedure to become a CA? How should I go for CA course?

I am in 11th std. and I want to become CA. So I need your help for exactly the procedure for being CA. After 12th how should I go for the CA. I know the basic info. but I have to confirm from you. So please help me by telling me the procedure in detail.

Thanks.........................

15th January 2012, 04:56 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to become a CA? How should I go for CA course?

Well if you want to become a chartered accountant also know as CA then you can apply for the CPT exam which is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India .The examination is conducted 4 times in year .The examination is generally done in the month of the February, May, August and November .To take this exam you first have to registered to the ICAI.

The CPT examination is of total 200 marks and examination consist of total 4 sections ::

Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
Section B: Mercantile Law (40 Marks)
Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)

Eligibility for the examination is ::

You must have passed class 12th and should have registered to the ICAI on then you will be allowed to join join Accounting Technician Course.(ATC).

Procedure to apply for the CPT::

You have to submit filled-in registration forms for Accounting Technician Course available at sales counter only at some selected offices . The cost of Prospectus is Rs. 100/-.

You can also download the form from Institute's website www.icai.org.

If you have correctly submitted the fee and the form then the office will issue study materials for ATC and registration letter. While taking admission to 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) with regional/branch office, a student is required to produce a copy of the registration letter.
15th January 2012, 07:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubham D. Kadam View Post
I am in 11th std. and I want to become CA. So I need your help for exactly the procedure for being CA. After 12th how should I go for the CA. I know the basic info. but I have to confirm from you. So please help me by telling me the procedure in detail.

Thanks.........................
Since you are in 11th Standard, you must register for the Common Proficiency Test now. After qualifying +2 level of exam, you will be eligible to take the test. So, if you register now, you will get the study materials for the Common Proficiency Test and along with the preparation of your +2, you may start preparing for the test in order to successfully crack it in the very first attempt.

Now, once you have qualified the test, you will have to enroll for the Integrated Professional Competence Course-IPCC, which comprises of two groups. In the IPCC exams, you may either apply for both the groups or just one at a time.

The IPCC is followed by Articleship training for a period of 3 1/2 years, Information Technology Course and the Final Course.
Even after qualifying the Final Course, you will be undergoing a management training, which is mandatory and is actually the last stage of the course.
After that you will become an associate member of ICAI and will be designated as Chartered Accountant.

For more information, you may refer to the official website of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
20th January 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i m 31 year old navy sailor i m doing b com 2012 is my 1st year i want to become a C.A pls guide me
2nd February 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

internship is required ater ipcc or before ipcc and how much fee is required at the time of registeration for cpt in 2012
17th February 2012, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Is there facility to register online for CPT 2012. If not, where can I go to Office/Brach for registration.
4th April 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

I am a Engineer having 5 year's exp. Is this possible to do CA after B.E. ? if possible than what's this procedure & how its duration.?
4th April 2012, 10:23 PM
bablucena9

hi,
If you want to become ca, then you must register cpt entrance exam
The eligilbility of this exam;
You have passed 12th class with 60%
Age limit is 17 to 21 years.
Keeping work hard.
13th May 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit to become a ca
23rd May 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I JUST
PASSED 12TH FROM MATHS. I WANT TO KNOW THE FULL PROCEDURE OF CA.
WHETHER I JOIN TO B com OR NOT?
4th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i jst completed my 12th with 87% i want to do bbm nw and thn join into ipcc, is it possible going in ths way plz put me a mail [email protected]
19th June 2012, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am in 1...and i wanna to be a CA. After 2 wht should i needed to do to go for cpt xam... And how could i prepare dat???
22nd June 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m doing MBA in finance as a part time n I want to ca.if I will get pass cpt n IPCC n I would not do d article ship for 3 yr 6 m bcoz I cant leave d current job. Pls advice me.
5th May 2013, 04:08 AM
Unregistered

I am also become a ca so i want to which have money is use
6th May 2013, 07:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Your first step at the moment is to complete 12th standard with any subjects you like. After completing 12th standard you will have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

Common Proficiency Test is the first step of the Chartered Accountancy course. There are two groups of subject subjects which you need to clear to be eligible for admission in the second stage.

Group 1

Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)

Mercantile Law (40 Marks)

Group 2

General Economics (50 Marks)

Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)

You will have to score 30 percent marks in each group to clear the Common Proficiency Test. Once you have cleared the test apply for the Integrated Professional Competence Course.

There are two groups of written tests in IPCC. Once you have cleared the first group you must apply for the 3 years long articleship which is mandatory. After clearing the second group of IPCC and when there are only 6 months left of the Articleship you can appear for the Final exam.
7th May 2013, 11:07 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

Procedure to Become an Chartered Accountant

Pass CPT examination

Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)

Complete 9 months of Study Course.

Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT).

Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week).

Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).

Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.

Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed.

Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training.

Pass both the Groups of Final examination.

Get Final Examination Certificate.

Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable

Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skill

Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as "Chartered Accountant"

23rd May 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

is there are any age limit for giving cpt exam
10th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

i am graduate studend frm BBA 74% how can i become a CA give me complete info frm registration because i don't have any knowledge abt it my email is [email protected]
24th September 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I am Bcom Passed with 49% in 2003, how can i become a CA now my age is 30 Year now please quide me i am waiting here
23rd August 2014, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir warm regards I am an MBA graduate, I had completed MBA in 2013 and now I'm working in one of MNC company as a financial analyst. I want to do CA. May I know the age limit to do CA. I see that in the above links They have mentioned 21 is the age limit for that, is it correct and the candidate should have 60% in inter. I don't have 60%. however I have 66% in B.com so am I eligible to apply for CA. and I have one more question I have done my Intermediate with Bi.pc group later on that I took B.com in Degree so is that okay or not okay. could you please guide me for all above my queries. I hope I will get response from your side as soon as possible. Thank you!!!!!!!
23rd January 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I am in first year b.com and i want to become a CA ..So will u please tell me the whole procedure to do that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?