4th February 2012, 09:32 PM
ronit2000

Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?

i am a final year b arch student and would like to pursue a career in civil services basically the IAS and IFS fields. I am not looking for IES. Am i eligible to appear for the UPSC exams with my bachelors degree in architecture? kindly help.

8th February 2012, 06:49 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronit2000 View Post
i am a final year b arch student and would like to pursue a career in civil services basically the IAS and IFS fields. I am not looking for IES. Am i eligible to appear for the UPSC exams with my bachelors degree in architecture? kindly help.
Indian Civil Services

To become an IAS/IFS officer, an aspirant have to clear an entrance exam named civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility Criterion:

you are only called as eligible candidate only after fulfilling the following mentioned criteria.

->You should attain 21 years of age for sure.
->you should complete any graduation course from a recognized university.
->you must be an civilized citizen of Indian Origin.

if you fulfill all these criterion then you are said to be eligible to write civil service exam and become an civil servant of your choice based on your rank.

IES is not at all related to civil service exam.

that is separately conducted by UPSC every year with the name of engineering services examination.

As you are a B.Arch student, you are already a bonafide undergraduate from some university.

According to the given data I express my happiness to inform you that you are eligible for civil service exam after completing your bachelors degree.

all the best
10th February 2012, 11:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?

Quote:

You are in final year B.ARCH so now you are not applicable for UPSC exam.After completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for Civil Service Exam.

B.ARCH department are not applicable for IES exam.But you are applicable for IAS and IFS exam.

Only IAS exam recruit the candidate through CSAT exam but IFS exam is different process.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

I have listed the details about IFS exam also.

Those candidate have bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

CSAT EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012
Date of notification: 04-02-2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012
Date of Exam: 20-05-2012
Civil Services Main Exam, 2012
Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

IFS EXAM DATE:-

The notification Date---31.03.2012.
The examination Date---14.07.2012.
The last date of submission of form---30.04.2012.

For more details about the above exam , you can visit to http://upsc.gov.in

10th February 2012, 08:43 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?

Quote:
HI,
Friend I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam..

You can apply for I.A.S/ I.F.S after passing final year B.Arch..

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
19th April 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Can an electrical engg. is suitable for apply upsc ifs
29th April 2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

what are the required subjects for persuing in IAS
31st May 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th and now i am planning to persue my career in b-arch. But i am definetely sure that in future i will go for IAS exam. Please guide me on this. Will there be any problem in doing IAS after b-arch degree. Please help me and give me reply on my id- [email protected].
thanks
30th May 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

iam a student of 12 th n i wnt to do b. arch cn i give ias,ifs n ies exams after that please rply
15th September 2013, 03:40 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is GRADUATION in any discipline from recognised institution/university
## So, you are eligible to apply for civil services exam after the completion of your Engineering(B.TECH) degree
## Age limit to apply for Civil services examination is
~>21-30 years for GENERAL category candidates
~>21-33 years for OBC candidates
~>21-35 years for SC/ST candidates
~>21-40 years for PH candidates
## The selection process of Civil Services examination is
->written test(preliminary & mains exams)
->personal interview
->medical examination
## The number of attempts allowed for civil services exam is
~>4 times for General
~>7 times for OBC
~>no limit for SC/ST category candidates
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
26th July 2015, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I am civil engineering 3rd year student how do i prepare for ips .nd from when i start my prepration. Can i give ips exam in my final year of B.E dgree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?