18th October 2010, 03:18 PM
akanksha23

IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms

m a MBA student.
want to give exam for IFS /IAS.without wasting my year .
so pls guide me in some way so tht i prepare myself for exam like syllabus, preparation pattern ..n forms. to gve my xam in coming months....

18th October 2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms

plz send me tips how can i prepare IAS paper
27th October 2010, 02:05 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms

hi,
you can get the syllabus and elegibilty conditions of the ias exam at www.upsc.gov.in
as for the exam is concerned its very tough and requires lots of preperation.you have to real work hard.
its better if you join some coaching centre
all the best
27th October 2010, 11:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Please go through the website of UPSE civil service exam. The site contains all the relevant details about the examination and pattern of the exam. It also has in detail the syllabus covered in each subjects. Try to join a coaching class for IFS/IAS Exams as to be prepared for the exam and get through it the first time.
28th October 2010, 03:04 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,
really it is very good that you want to give the exams of the IAS.
every year this exam is conducted by the UPSC.
and there is two phase of the exam.PTA ND MAINS AND THEN INTERVIEW.
so if you want to get the syllabus then you can get it from the websites given below.
www.upsc.gov.in
28th October 2010, 07:46 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Wink Re: IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms

please visit the official website of upsc that is - www.upsc.nic.in for any kind of querry . here you will find the solution of all kinds of your problems
22nd February 2011, 05:46 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

"Prepare for the battle, the more you practise, the less you bleed in battle"

Well IAS exam is the toughest exam in this country but a strong will and hard determination is enough to bolster this nut.

In a nutshell focus on your objective, prepare the general awareness section, general studies and improve your communication skills as this will be very much instrumental in your interview.

Refer Hindu, Pratiyogita Darpan, frontline, CSR refreshers,NCERT texts for more better results...

you can also go for some coaching classes and take mock interviews...
27th February 2011, 10:06 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

********UPSC IAS/IFS EXAM 2011********

• Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
• Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

For complete detailshttp://www.upsc.gov.in

Exam Pattern: All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
• Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
• Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
28th February 2011, 11:33 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

You need to be a graduate to apply for IAS. IAS comprises of three levels of exams.
Preliminary( Objective choice) optional papers, general studies
Mains(Subjective type) Optional papers, General Studies, Essay writing, English
Interview

If you are interested to apply for this exams, then you should Visit the Official website And directly apply for IAS Examination -

http://www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

Important Dates regarding the IAS exam are listed below.

Civil Services Exam, 2010 :-
notification date :- 19.02.2011
last date for applying :- 21.03.2011
exam date :- 12.06.2011

Your general knowledge should be very good,your knowledge about the geographical area and many more thing relating to Indian economy and history.

However you can get more information regarding this in the site listed below.

http://www.upscexam.com

http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

where can i get online forms of ifs
24th March 2011, 08:15 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
where can i get online forms of ifs
Well there is only one method for you to get the form

that is you have to go in to this link for doing so..

www.upsconline.com

or

you can get the form in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

you can get related information regarding your question..

regards..

~aditya~
10th June 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i wanted to self study of ias pre.
3rd July 2011, 09:25 PM
sanjay siroha

can a textile student give the exam of ifs????
8th July 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about the syllabus of ifs exam on 9th july 2011
30th August 2011, 06:47 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi dear, you can get more information regarding this in the site listed below.

http://www.upscexam.com

http://www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
31st August 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

can you take this exam even if you have a suppli
1st September 2011, 09:00 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

The syllabus of IFS/IAS exams is available on the official website of union public service commission
www.upsc.gov.in
The availability of forms and other information are published time to time in the Employment news.
9th September 2011, 12:11 AM
waretwar

hi
i m doing BE with computer science i want to prepare for ifs an d give exam can anybody suggest me what is syllabus and how can i prepare for it.
10th September 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

how many subjects i have to choose from optional subjects.
7th November 2011, 12:36 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

really it is very good that you want to give the exams of the IAS.
every year this exam is conducted by the UPSC.
and there is two phase of the exam.PTA ND MAINS AND THEN INTERVIEW.
so if you want to get the syllabus then you can get it from the websites given below.
www.upsc.gov.in
19th December 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

when we shoud join the coaching ?along with graduation or after graduation ?
23rd December 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

please send me previous five year papers for IFS exams?
20th February 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i need syllabus for civil sevice preliminary exam pleas
21st February 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

HI IM A UNDER GRADUTE.. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO WRITE IFS( INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICE EXAM ) . I WANT TO KNOW THE COMPLETE PROCEDURE AS TO HOW TO APPLY THE FORM? WHERE? IM A RESIDENT OF MYSORE. AND MY OPTIONALS AT DEGREE LEVEL IS CRIMIALOGY AND FORENSIC SCIENCE, PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY.. PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I WANT TO KNOW IS THEIR ANY COACHING AVAILABLE IN MYS FOR IFS??
16th May 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

is there any seat reservation for obc/sc/st
4th June 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

hi sir pls i want to know ias pre 2012 cutoff
11th June 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i am planning to complete my gradutation from ambikapur so it creats any problem in ias exam
17th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

i am planning to complete my gradutation from delhi so it creats any problem in ifs/ias exam please help
18th July 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Terms and conditions for IAS exam?
3rd November 2013, 02:50 PM

Hi,
This is Dipankar Das from Kolkata,pursuing 2nd year BA general from IGNOU. I want to start preparing myself from now for IPS and others,This is my email address:- [email protected]
3rd November 2013, 02:57 PM

Exclamation IFS/IPS/IAS Exams Syllabus,

Hello,
Myself Dipankar Das from Kolkata,I am interested to face those exams but the only problem is that i have done 10+2 in the year of 2009 then there is a gap and now i am doing BA general from IGNOU2nd year.Will i be eligible for the exam ! if yes please help me out with the syllabus. i want to start preparing myself from now.In BA General i have political science,sociology,Public Administration.Please let me know on my email :- [email protected]

Thanks & Regards,
Dipankar Das
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?