7th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IFS Exam pursuing final year of Chemical Engineering?

Sir i am a chemical engineering final year student am i eligible to appear for IFS exam this year

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry?
  2. Am i eligible for IFS after passing electrical engineering 3rd year? Can I appear for IFS in final year
  3. IFS Chemical Engineering (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Will I be eligible for UPSC to join IFS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  5. Which Optional subjects I should select to clear IFS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?
  6. IFS Chemical Engineering (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. How to find a career in Forest Department other than by IFS Exam and IIFM being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for B.E.(Chemical Engineering) if pursuing 3 years diploma programme after completing 10th standard?
  9. Procedure to apply for Mini Project in DRDO being a candidate of pursuing BE in Chemical Engineering?
  10. Which Job is suitable for me being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering and not having good subject knowledge?
  11. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after pursuing MSc Biotechnology? What should be the GATE score to get M.Tech chemical engineering and Bioprocess engineering in ICT Mumbai?
  14. Am I eligible for GME course while pursuing B.Tech final year in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. What should I do to get the government job in organic chemistry field all over the world? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible for ISRO Exam being a candidate of pursuing pre-final year of B.Tech from Electrical Engineering?
  17. ITC written test papers for Chemical Engineering
  18. Am I eligible for IFS Exam pursuing M.Tech in Environmental Sciences?
8th February 2012, 01:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS Exam pursuing final year of Chemical Engineering?

dear friend,
IFS exam is a civil service exam , which is conducted by UPSC every year, to recruit students for forestry department..

Eligibility for IFS exam:-

Education qualification:-

1.A candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Geology,
Mathematics,
Physics,
Statistics and
Zoology
or
a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

2.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam..

Age criteria:-

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..
4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you are pursuing chemical engineering then you are eligible for the exam..

All the best.
8th February 2012, 08:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS Exam pursuing final year of Chemical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am a chemical engineering final year student am i eligible to appear for IFS exam this year

Yes , Chemical Engineering Department are applicable for IFS exam

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

A Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

AGE CRITERIA

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

BEST BOOKS FOR IFS EXAM

For examination schedule you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

I have attached the syllabus for IFS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IFS EXAM.PDF(181.4 KB, 90 views)
17th April 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

m frm ece dept. doing final year, m i eligible for ifs...?
23rd April 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

can electrical engineers eligible for ifs exam
25th June 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

am a btech biotech degree holder.......am i eligible for appearing in ifs exam???
3rd August 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

minimum how many vaccant number of post are alloted for IFS each
year?
26th July 2013, 08:54 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to sit for the IFS Examination.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. For the recruitment of the IFS officers an examination is conducted by the UPSC or Union Public Service Commission. Not only IFS but UPSC also conducts other civil service exams like Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service.

There are two stages which one needs to cross to finally become the IFS Officers. The two stages are:-
  • Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
  • Main Examination (Written and Interview)
The first stage is conducted only to shortlist candidates for the main examination. The first one's marks is not calculated when along with the main exam's marks when taking the final decision.

As far as the main exam is concerned there are two sub-stages in this exam. One is the written exam and the second one is the interview session. Marks of both the stages matters a lot here. In the written exam there will be some optional papers as well and there will be a list of optional subjects to choose from.

If you want to give the IFS exam then you need to have anyone of the following degree:-
  • A graduate degree in any one of the following subject:- mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, geology, statistics, veterinary science and animal husbandry.
  • A degree in engineering, agriculture, forestry, medicine or surgery.
Age Criteria:- The minimum age limit for giving this exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

Age Relaxation:- There is 5 years upper age limit relaxation for the SC/ST candidates, three years for the OBC candidates and 10 years for the PWD candidates.

Number of Attempts:- General category candidates can give this exam for four times, OBC candidates for seven times and no restriction is there on the SC/ST candidates.

Hope this helps :-> :->
28th July 2013, 02:09 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

♦> IFS stands for the Indian Forest Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once in the every year......

♦> Since, you are in the final year of B.Tech Degree in Chemical Branch then YES, Surely you can apply for this examination.....

♦> This exam is conducted under the Civil Service Examination which has mainly two types of Exam that is (1). Written exam and (2). Personal Interview....

Written Exam:-
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam

Eligibility and Criteria:-

♦> A candidate who hold the Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely
  1. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
  2. Statistics
  3. Botany,
  4. Chemistry,
  5. Geology,
  6. Mathematics,
  7. Physics and
  8. Zoology

(OR)

♦> Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized university or equivalent.....

♦> Final year of Bachelor candidate can also apply for the same exam.....

Age Criteria:-
  • Minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Maximum age should not exist 30 years.

Relaxation on upper age:-
  • For OBC up to 3 years
  • For SC/ST up to 5 years.
  • FOr PH/PWD category up to 10 years.

Attempt Criteria:-

## General attempt 4 times.
## OBC candidate can max. 7 times.
## For SC/ST no any restriction.

Best Books for IFS Exam:-

@♫@ UPSC-IFS Exam Botany Guide Including (Paper 1 and 2)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
Price: Rs. 180

@♫@ UPSC-IFS Exam Zoology Guide (Paper 1 and 2)
Price: Rs. 199

@♫@ UPSC-IFS Exam Agriculture Guide Including (Paper 1 and 2)
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2013)
Price: Rs. 221

@♫@ IFS Indian Forest Service Mathematics (Paper 1 and 2)
Author: R. Gupta
Price: Rs. 195

All the best

With regards.....
DHARM
31st July 2013, 08:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes , You are absolutely eligible to pursue IFS Exam if you are in the final year of Chemical Engineering.

The IFS Stands for Indian Forest Services Exam which is conducted every year for those candidates who want to join the Forest Department as Forest officers.

The IFS Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for IFS Exam are :

* The candidate must have completed graduation in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Botany/Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics/Physics, Statistics /Zoology/degree in Agriculture or Forestry/B.Tech or B.E.

* Candidates in the final year of the above mentioned courses are also eligible to appear for the test.

* The Age Limit :

a) For general Candidates : 21-30 years

b) For OBC Candidates : 21-33 years

c) For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 years

* Number Of Attempts :

a) For general Candidates : 4

b) For OBC Candidates : 7

c) For SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

So , as you are in the final year of Chemical engineering , you can easily give the IFS Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

31st July 2013, 10:09 AM
Mattyjkk

Ifs-indian forest service

date of the exam:-
exam is conducted once in a year notification is released in march and the exam is conducted in july

no of attempts:-
open category:-4
obc:-7
sc/st:-no limit

educational qualification required:-
1.candidate must be graduate completed from a recognised college or university with atleast one of the subects namely;
animal husbandary
vertinary science,
botony,
chemistry,
zoology ,
mathematics,
physics,
statistics,
bachelors degree in agriculture,forestry etc.
2.the candidates who have already appeared in the qualifying bachelors degree and waiting for the results or the final year students subjects to passing the exam and providing the proof on qualifying for the exam can also apper for the exam

so since you are final year student, you can also appear for the exam ,provided you have your graduation with one of the above mentioned subjects.

Wishing you all the best

hope the information helped you
31st July 2013, 12:37 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Indian Forest Service Exams are conducted by UPSC

You can apply if you meet the below eligibilty conditions:

Education
Graduation pass and in Graduation you should have studied at least one of the below subjects :
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics,
Physics, Statistics, Zoology

or
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry

Or
BE/Btech pass

Age-
Minimum age to apply is 21 years
Maximum age to apply is 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts-
General Category candidates can apply for 4 times
OBC category candidates can apply for 7 times

Exam Pattern
Paper I General English
Paper II General Knowledge
Paper III Optional paper
Paper IV Optional paper
Paper V Optional paper
Paper VI Optional paper
31st July 2013, 01:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes final year Chemical Engineering Graduates can apply for Indian Forest Services Exam.

So you can apply for IFS exam without any worry. You can start your preparation for this examination as soon as possible.

Age Limit:

General Category : 21-30 years

OBC Category : 21-33 years

SC/ST Category : 21-35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

The attempts for this exam is limited for General and OBC with 4 and 7 attempts respectively.

Those who belong to SC/ST category have no restriction.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2013, 04:22 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Forest Service Examination

You should have completed your bachelor's degree in any one of the following disciplines from a recognized university or institute :

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

Botany

Chemistry

Engineering

Forestry

Geology

Mathematics

Physics

Statistics

Zoology

Age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

All the best..................
31st July 2013, 08:32 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Yes, you are eligible for the examination.

The candidates in the final semester of the graduation are eligible for applying the examination.

IFS exam is conducted by UPSC CIVIL Services, so the candidates passing the graduation are eligible for the examination.

Thank you,

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?