10th February 2012, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate having passed 12th class in Science stream with 56% in Physics and Mathematics and with an age of 17 years?

I have passed my 12th examination in the science stream with 56% in physics and mathematics. I am 17 years old so am I eligible to join the Indian Navy?

10th February 2012, 12:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate having passed 12th class in Science stream with 56% in Physics and Mathematics and with an age of 17 years?

Yes. You are eligible to join Indian Navy as you have fulfilled both the required eligibility criteria and required academic qualification to appear for NDA Exam by cracking which you can join Navy.

This NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. This is the common written exam to join variety of defence services like
-Indian Army
-Indian Navy
-Indian Air Force.

In order to apply for Navy wing, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects from a recognized institute.

Along with this, one should have to possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

You are fulfilling both these criteria. Hence you can appear for NDA Exam.

For this academic year, the last date to apply for NDA I Exam was over.

If you are interested, you can apply for NDA II Exam of this year. Here are the important dates for this Exam.

-Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
-Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
-Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012.

For complete information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th February 2012, 01:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate having passed 12th class in Science stream with 56% in Physics and Mathematics and with an age of 17 years?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Navy after passing 12th in Science stream through NDA. There no requirement of any percentage marks for applying NDA.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appearing for the final 12th exam or passed from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board with good physical fitness is eligible to apply for NDA.

The candidate having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard can apply for Indian Navy and Air Force of NDA.

The process of registration for NDA-I has already been completed the exam will be held on 15.04.2012. If you are interested for NDA you can apply for NDA-II during the mont of May 2012.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2012, 01:38 PM
simple madhu

Yes. You are eligible to join Indian Navy as you have fulfilled both the required eligibility criteria and required academic qualification to appear for NDA Exam by cracking which you can join Navy.

This NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. This is the common written exam to join variety of defence services like
-Indian Army
-Indian Navy
-Indian Air Force.

In order to apply for Navy wing, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects from a recognized institute.
Along with this, one should have to possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

If you are interested, you can apply for NDA II Exam of this year. Here are the important dates for this Exam.

Information Regarding NDA Examination.

NDA is stand for the National Defence Academy. The NDA examination conducted by the UPSC in every year for the admission in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA. This exam is conducted twice in every year once in the month of April other in the month of August. The details eligibility criteria for NDA exam is given below.

Educational Qualification = Pass 12th class with any stream from a recognize board. For Indian Navy and Air Force wing of NDA you need pass 12th class with the science stream. The commerce and Arts stream candidates are eligible only for Indian Army wing of the NDA. The 12th board exam appearing student are also eligible for NDA exam.

Age Limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

As per your question if you are studying in the 11th class then you are not eligible for the NDA examination. You will be eligible in the appearing of 12th board exam or after passing the 12th exam. For complete information about the NDA examination please visit the official website of UPSC. http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2012, 01:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my 12th examination in the science stream with 56% in physics and mathematics. I am 17 years old so am I eligible to join the Indian Navy?

Yes , You are applicable for Indian Navy Exam through NDA exam.

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

If you have completed 12th standard from recognized board with science department you are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce student are applicable for only Indian Army branch.

But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

Selection procedure for NDA exam

• Written test
  • Interview
  • Medical

I have attached the NDA notification and NDA Question Paper of NDA exam.So Please check it out.This paper are really helpful for you.

For more details about NDA exam CLICK HERE

10th February 2012, 02:21 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have complete the 12th class in science field then you are eligible to apply for NAVY wing..

To apply for NAVY wing you have to appear in NDA exam.
After qualifying in NDA exam you will get a chance to join in NAVY..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-------

1.For NAVY wing:--

*Candidate has to complete the 12th class in science field from a recognized central/state education board.
*Candidate who is appearing in 12th class board exam can also apply for the exam..
*Candidates age should be in between 16.5-19 years.
*Candidate must be physically fit.
*Candidate should be a citizen of India.

After fulfilling all these eligibility criteria you will be able to appear in NDA exam.

As you are 17 years old and also have done 12th class in science field , then you are surely eligible for the exam..

All the best..
10th February 2012, 06:54 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

hi,

Eligibility for NDA exam:-------

*Candidate has to complete the 12th class in science field from a recognized central/state education board.
*Candidate who is appearing in 12th class board exam can also apply for the exam..
*Candidates age should be in between 16.5-19 years.
*Candidate must be physically fit.
*Candidate should be a citizen of India.

good luck
1st April 2012, 05:46 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

-Indian Army
-Indian Navy
-Indian Air Force.

For complete information on this exam, you can visit http://www.nda.nic.in

OR

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?