19th February 2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose for IAS or UPSC Exam being a student of B.Tech in ECE?

i am student of b.tech ece(electronic and com) branch so adivse to chosse to sub for ias /upsc exam

19th February 2012, 05:19 PM
ankitkrmishra

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS or UPSC Exam being a student of B.Tech in ECE?

IAS exam is the administrative post so the subjects are:

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu

As you clarify the your b.tech is done by ECE so the optional subject for you is"
Electrical engineering.
19th February 2012, 06:33 PM
sulemanpathan

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS or UPSC Exam being a student of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of b.tech ece(electronic and com) branch so adivse to chosse to sub for ias /upsc exam
Hi sir,
In the last three attempt back there should be electives for technical peoples. now the paper pattern has been changed.
The best part is choose will be depending upon the scoring levels.
The best one is go for mathematics, indian history and one elective i hope that. for better information meet one person who in the preparation civils.....
All the best
Regards
pathan.
19th February 2012, 08:00 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS or UPSC Exam being a student of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Hi..

To become IAS officer you need to clear an entrance exam called Civil Service Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

This entrance exam follows three level selection pattern. It takes nearly an year or so.

I will give you a brief about different levels of the exam.

Level 1 : Civil Service Aptitude Test.(CSAT)

Level 2 : Mains

Level 3 : Personal Interview

In these levels you have to select subjects only for level 2 exam i.e., Mains Exam.

For Level 1 and 3 syllabus is similar for all.

previously for level 1 and 2 they used to select optional subject but recently that pattern has came to an end. Now only for level 2 only the optional subjects are selected.

This is for the good of the candidate.

Anyways coming to your question as you're from electronics background. There is no direct subject related to the core subjects of your stream but As ECE students will study basic electrical things you can select Electrical engineering optional. only if you're confident.
If not, you can select any other two optional subjects which may not be of your background.

As many future IAS officers wish to select Public Administration because it is a subject which will give you basic fundamentals regarding administration.

some other aspirants wish to take geography, mathematics psychology etc.,
Its up to your interest. Take the one in which you have at least 75% interest or else it will become a big headache while preparing.

Make a careful decision by looking at the pros and cons of the each option available.

All the best

Regards
20th February 2012, 12:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS or UPSC Exam being a student of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
HI!
You can chose any two subject in which you are interested...

List of optional subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law
6th April 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Tech in computer science, now i am going to prepare for UPSC exam, I am bit confused in choosing the subjects, 1 subject i want to prefer as geography and i want some help that which subject should i choose either public admin or mathematics. can anybody help me, Thanks in advance.
29th April 2012, 01:59 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

The list of OPTIONAL SUBJECTS in Civil Service(IAS) mains Exam:-

1. Agriculture Management
2. Commerce & Accountancy
3. Public Administration
4. Mathematics
5. Botany
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Indian History
8. Medical Science
9. Philosophy
10. Chemistry
11. Civil Engineering
12. Physics
13. Electrical Engineering
14. Political Science & International Relations
15. Economics
16. Psychology
17. Geography
18. Geology
19. Sociology
20. Statistics
21. Law
22. Zoology
23. animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

As you are an Engineering student you can choose Electrical Engineering, physics, chemistry, management as optional subjects.
This subjects will helpful for you as you have studied them in your B.tech carrier.
But the papers like Indian History, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration are very match fetching papers.
You can opt them also to get success in IAS exam.
Choice is yours.
Choose those subjects in which you have intelligence & depth enough.
28th May 2012, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

upsc exam ke liye pol sci sub ke liye kon kon si book leni chahiye...and kis author ki
5th July 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

How should i prepare for punjabi as mains 2nd optional?
17th July 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i am student of btech ECE(ELECTRONIC & COMMU.).
Which sub choose for UPSC exam? and how should i prepare for this exam?
26th August 2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

which subject should i choose for ias being a student of physics graduate
4th September 2012, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

which sub. should i choose for ias mains being a student of b.sc.in physics , chemistry , mathmatics. tell about physics subject
17th February 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

can i take my optional subjects as mathematics and electrical engineering
1st April 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

sir i am very in cofusion,because i hv no information regarding availability of subjects in ias mains for commerce students holding hons. Degree.please give me the list of subjects that will help me to point out the subjects for which i will prepare.
3rd June 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i am taking addmission in btech this year. and after it i want to prepare for upsc. please advice which branch should i take.can i chose cse branch ?which branches come in mains optional
19th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am intermediate from science and my main motto is to complete upsc someone suggest me to take arts in graduation? what is the career option in arts and which subject is better for hons in order to do upsc
16th July 2015, 12:56 PM
Naina kala

Post Im arts student and i want to become a ias so for ias exam how i prepare to success

Im arts student but i want to become ias in future...for that how to prepare and which subject i prefer to success
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?