8th April 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose between Science and Commerce being a candidate good at Biology and little weak in Maths?

I am good at biology but a little weak in maths ?What should i choose science or commerce?

8th April 2012, 10:29 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose between Science and Commerce being a candidate good at Biology and little weak in Maths?

Having interest in Biology and little weak in Maths, I suggest you to opt for various Science related courses at your higher academic levels.

If you have interest towards Science subjects, obviously, you will try to understand and learn various concepts.

This will let you to gain knowledge and to complete syllabus. Having good subject knowledge, if you present in the final exams, you can get good result.

Even in the Entrance Exams which give admission for Post Graduation or Graduation courses, you can perform well.

Even in Interviews also, if you showcase your subject knowledge, you will be easily absorbed into that organization.

These many advantages are there if you opt for Science related courses.

You did not mention the higher academic qualification that you have. If you had mentioned it, we would have been better guided you to join specific course for your higher academic levels.

If you have completed 12th class, you can opt for any of the folowing courses.
-Medicine
-Veterinary
-BDS
-Physiotherapy course

Various Pharmacy related courses will also be a better choice for you like
-D.Pharmacy
-M.Pharmacy

You can opt for B.Sc course with any of the following subjects in the specialization.
-Biotechnology
-Biochemistry
-Genetics
-Genetic Engineering
-Botany
-Zoology
-Bio-Informatics

You can also opt for
-B.Sc in Nursing
-B.Sc in Agriculture.

Choose the course which you are interested and know the best colleges offering that course.

Try to join in the best college for your chosen and make best use of the course.

Wish you all the best.
8th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose between Science and Commerce being a candidate good at Biology and little weak in Maths?

As you are good in biology then no doubt you can go for science stream as if one is weak in maths then He can't scored good percentage in the commerce stream as in the commerce stream the percentage of marks depends upon only two subjects i.e Maths & Accountancy.The other three remaining subjects are the theoretical one.

After having a science stream with biology you can go for-

clinical research
bsc in life science or hons
pharmacy
drug design
mbbs
physiotherapy
medicine
genetic enginering
gene therepy
tissue cultutre
bds
9th April 2012, 08:30 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
I am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information for your carrier , from which you can choose better ......

Good luck...........
29th May 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

if i am weak in maths ,chemistry,physics then what should i choose
22nd June 2012, 07:50 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi...
There are three streams to choose after your 12th:-
1.Science.-You can choose Maths or Biology in Science stream.
2.Commerce.
3.Arts.
[FONT=Calibri]
[/FONT]
All these streams have lots of scopes and none of them lacks scopes and options after 12th .
Since,you want to choose among science and commerce,I should introduce you about both these streams

Science:-
You have two options in Science stream,Maths and Biology.The subjects that you will have to study in Science stream are:--
1.Maths/Biology.
2.Physics.
3.Chemistry.
4.English.
5.Computer Science/Physical Education/Painting,etc.
If you take Maths in your 12th,you will have many options after your completion of 12th such as B.Tech,B.Sc,BCA,etc.
But most of the students go for engineering.If you want to go for engineering,you will have to give entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,BITSAT,VITEEE,etc.
There are some colleges which admit students on 12th marks but the good colleges admit through entrance tests only.
If you take Biology in your 12th,you will have options after 12th like MBBS,BDS,etc.
For this also,you will have to give entrance test like AIPMT,state level entance tests,etc.

Commerce:-
This stream is the becoming famous day by day among students due to our changing economy.The job options of commerce stream is increasing every year.If you go for Commerce stream in your 12th,you will study these subjects:-
1.Accountancy.
2.Business Studies.
3.Economics.
4.English.
5.Maths/Physical Education,etc.
There are various options after 12th commerce stream such as CA,CS,CWA,CFA,B.Com hons.,BBA,Economics hons.,Fashion Designing,Law,BMS,etc.
There are many good Commerce colleges in India like SRCC,Delhi,St. Xaviers,Kolkata,Loyola College,Chennai,Hans Raj College,Delhi,etc.
You can earn a lot if you go for professional courses like CA,CS or CWA..

So,now lets come about final decision.
If you are interested in subjects like Physics,Chemisty,Biology,Maths i.e,Science subjects,you should choose Science stream and if you find interest in Economics,Business Studies,etc.,you should choose Commerce stream.Selecting any stream totally depends on your interest.If you study subjects of your interest,you will easily understand it and finally perform well.Your course will not become a burden on you in that case.
So,find your interests and then choose the stream.
Best of luck.
Thanks.

19th March 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

what should i choose if i am good at biology and weak in maths
29th April 2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

which is best between science and commerce with future job
22nd November 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am good at biology but a little weak in maths ?What should i choose science or commerce?
science is the better option.
13th April 2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

I am good In biology but not in physics and chemistry, so should I opt for science? ??
14th April 2014, 10:57 AM
Jewelghosh

If you are good in biology and little weak in maths you should go in science stream you can take physics, chemistry and biology. You have to work hard for solving numericals for physics but hard work bring sucess. Commerce stream is quite different from science. Here you have to be strong in maths as in gradauation level you have to solve taxation, accountancy etc which are based on the knowledge of mathematics. All the best
8th May 2014, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

i am little good in biology but weak and non interested in maths and my parents were forcing me for maths.so please tell me whay should i have to do
28th May 2014, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

which stream should i choose between bio maths and commerce as im little weak in chemistry but good in other science subjects
22nd March 2015, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I have question that for becoming a IAS officer then which subject should I choose between science and commerce.
22nd March 2015, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

My question is for becoming a IAS officer which subject should I choose between science and commerce
17th June 2015, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I got 66 percent in science and 78 per
cent in maths and 80 percent in economics what should I choose
18th March 2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I will choose in class 9th science or commerce. My all friends take science and they told me that I also choose science subject but my thinking is that there is very big competition in science and I don't understand physics subject but I am very good in maths My parents told me that commerce have big scope than science and they told me that I choose those subject which I could understand easily. I am very confuse about which subject I will choose????
29th March 2017, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

I am scared of maths as I score well in test and not in summatives. I like biology but don't like physics . Very confused whether to go for humanities or commerce or pcb
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?