28th April 2012, 11:10 PM
aditya .singh

Can I get a government job after finishing EC with 60%?

i am a ec student.i hv score 60% marks can i get a govt job or not?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a government job after finishing B.E CS
  2. Can I get a government job after finishing B.Ed at the age of 34?
  3. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  4. What is the job progress in government of India/Government of other states after finishing ECE?
  5. How to do government job after finishing B.A? I have qualified in computer hardware -- [New]
  6. Which Government Job pays highest salary with less work load after finishing B.E?
  7. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  8. How to get a government job after finishing BSc Biotech with 70% -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I get a job in government sector after finishing my M.E? Any entrance exams or government jobs in my field?
  10. Is there any opportunity to get a job in Government Sector after finishing MSc(Bioinformatics) from Bharathiar University Affiliated College? Details about all the government exams and central government exams?
  11. How can I find a government job after finishing PUC in commerce?
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after finishing my 2nd PUC 4 years back?
  13. Any opportunity to get in government sector after finishing MCA from CUSAT? Any exams being conducted?
  14. Can I get a government job after finishing EC with 60%?
  15. How to get job assurance after finishing B.E? I am studying 3rd year ECE
  16. Am I eligible for government job after finishing BCA? Courses which can help me in getting a government job?
  17. How to get a job after finishing B.E?
  18. How can I get government job after finishing ECE course?
7th May 2012, 07:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job after finishing EC with 60%?

You can expect a good job after completing graduation in EC with 60% marks. BHEL, BEL, SAIL, NTPC, ONGC, etc are some of the firms recruiting EC graduates. You can get in to suitable job positions in government departments, through the recruitment drive of SSC, UPSC, etc. Banks, Defense, Railways, Income Tax, etc are other governmental authorities recruiting EC graduates. Details on the selection process of various jobs can be collected through the official web portal.
13th August 2013, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

i am a 1st year electrical student. i wish to change my trade to EC or CSE. which of the three trades is better for girls in govt. as well as private sector? plz tell in detail
13th August 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i am a 1st year electrical student. i wish to change my trade to EC or CSE. which trade is best for girls? which of the 3 has good job opportunities in govt. and prvt. sector?
13th August 2013, 10:58 PM
shivam2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a 1st year electrical student. i wish to change my trade to EC or CSE. which trade is best for girls? which of the 3 has good job opportunities in govt. and prvt. sector?
Hi,

This is the order in terms of job opportunities:

Electrical >> Electronics >> Computer Science

In Government Sector Electrical Engineer has maximum job opportunities in prestigious PSUs as well as other organizations.

In private sector all three branches have very good job opportunities in their own sectors.

But Computer Science has got most limited options among all three branches.

As a girl, all three branches are good and there is no problem at all.

Now, you can choose your branch. If you don't like your branch i.e. Electrical then switch to Electronics but avoid Computer Science.

All the best.
Thank you.
13th August 2013, 11:08 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes you can get a job in government companies likes BHEL,NTPC,DEL.You can also appear in exams like IES,CIVILS,GROUPS with 60% of marks in BTech.
14th August 2013, 12:23 AM
Mattyjkk

As everybody telling, ECE has better scope in either Core Side or Software Side. My best advice is going for any internship while you study. This is the point where many people lagging out to fetch the opportunity to be placed in core field.
If you are very interested in core, try to improve your knowledge in Basics of Electronics. Since you are an ECE student, you must have at least basics of all your core subjects. Named here are some,

1. Digital Electronics
2. Discrete components
3. Linear Integrated Circuits
4. Micro controller

Opportunities IN ECE:
Here are some companies where you can try for...
1. Samsung
2. Nokia
3. Robert Bosch
4. Sasken communication
5. Data pattern
6. HCL(Embedded/Hardware)
7. Reliance
8. Indus towers

IT opportunity:
Most of non-IT students go for software field. The reason is, it is not as much difficult as core. In software, you must have basic knowledge of programming, good communication, Aptitude. These three skills will let you enter into software field.

Government jobs:
Try to get pass in any government exams. It is safer side than any other field.
14th August 2013, 11:44 AM
kota.apparao

Dear friend,
Once complted b.tech so many goverment jobs are there with minimum percertage of 55.You have 60% so do'nt worry about that.If you have good knowledge with your core subjects then no one can stop you.The various public sectors are SAIL,GAIL,BHEL,BEL,POWERGRID,HPGAS,ONGC,BPL etc...and any goverment job ask only minimum 55%.So lot of opportunities are there infront of you...
All the best...
14th August 2013, 12:08 PM
kota.apparao

Hello friend,
In goverment field mechanical and electrical jobs are more compared to the other branches.So i advice that you continue with the your branch.If you want to change then choose EC.For EC also jobs are there but so much competation is there in this branch.
Once complted b.tech so many goverment jobs are there with minimum percertage of 55.The various public sectors are SAIL,GAIL,BHEL,BEL,POWERGRID,HPGAS,ONGC,BPL etc...and any goverment job ask only minimum 55%.So lot of opportunities are there infront of you...
All the best...
14th August 2013, 02:07 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend since you have completed graduation in Electronics and Communication Engineering, there are ample opportunities for you in the government sector which includes Public Sector Undertaking and the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam.

Let me start with the Public Sector Undertaking. I am sure you know about the term. It is used for companies under government control. Therefore the jobs are as good as government job. Just like working in a public sector bank.

As you may know that these companies are related to different fields and therefore require Engineering graduates. Electronics and Communication Engineers are required by almost all the PSU companies which means you have a very good chance of getting the job.

However the job is given through entrance exam. May I point out that there is no common entrance exam. So you will have to check out for the notification from each company and apply accordingly.

The entrance exam consists of written test and interview. But lately several PSUs have shifted to the GATE exam and therefore do not conduct written test. You will need to appear for the GATE exam and so the scorecard during the interview to be considered for the job.

PSU Eligibility

1. You should have B.Tech degree.

2. With 60 percent or more marks.

3. There is percentage relaxation for reserve categories.

4. You should clear all the pending backlogs before applying.

5. Must appear for GATE exam as well.

6. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

7. There is relaxation for OBC (3 years) and SC/ST (5 years).

List of PSU

DRDO

HAL

ISRO

Indian Railways

BEL

BHEL

ECIL

Coal India

NALCO

NTPC

HPCL

BPCL

IOCL

ONGC

MTNL

BSNL

SAIL

GAIL

You can also apply for the Indian Engineering Service exam to get government job. The jobs are given in various government departments which includes Indian Railways and defence related departments as well.

The Indian Engineering Service is conducted in four branches of Engineering which also includes Electronics and Communication Engineering. The jobs for Eletronics and Communication Engineers are given in the following departments.

(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service

(iii) Indian Inspection Service

(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service

(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service

(vi) Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

(vii) Wireless Planning and Co-ordination Wing

(viii) Indian Navy

(ix) Indian Supply Service

(x) Indian Telecommunication Service

IES Eligibility

1. You can only apply if holds Indian citizenship.

2. B.Tech degree from recognized college will be accepted.

3. No criteria for marks.

4. Your age on August 1 of exam year should be at least 21 years.

5. Age should not be more than 30 years on same date.

6. There is relaxation of 3 years for OBC.

7. While the relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.
14th August 2013, 07:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

EC stands for Electronics and Communication.Its good that you are bachelor's degree in it as it is a core branch of engineering and government jobs opportunity for these streams are more as compared to other streams.

To be very honest and frank ,I would like to tell you that at present scenario getting government jobs after finishing bachelor's degree is tough one due to some reasons like:

>>Vacancies are less and candidates are more

>>Competition is very tough.

But do not worry ,if you have talent and good knowledge of your subject then no one can stop you from getting jobs .

Nowadays you cannot get government jobs without clearing entrance exams.

The several entrance exams after clearing which you will be able to get good respectable and handsome salaried jobs are :

1.Graduate Aptitude test in engineering: This exam has become the basis for getting jobs in public sector undertakings like NTPC,BHEL.SAIL,BSNL,DRDO,ONGC,IOCL etc.

>>So you must aim to secure better ranks in it.

2.The second option for you to go for the UPSC entrance exams like :

>>Civil services examination.

>>Best one for you Engineering services exmaination

>>Combined defense services

>>Indian forest services

>>Central Police force exam

3.Banking jobs :

>>IBPS entrance exam

>>SBI Clerk and PO entrance exam.

Note: One thing again I am saying that you cannot get good government job without clearing entrance exam.So prepare for your desired exam and crack it .

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query regarding this then you can leave your message here.

All the best for your career .

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?