30th April 2012, 10:10 PM
ruthvik kumar

How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?

hello sir am dng my b.tech 3rd yr civil engineering i want to know how to prepare for an ias exam and what are main subjects that i have to study and what are smain subjects that have to choose for the preparation of an ias exam please give some sugestions that has to be follow

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  2. What are the main terms for IAS?
  3. How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?
  4. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  5. Which subjects to study to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of doing B.Tech in CSE?
  6. What are the advantages of being MBA? Which subjects to prepare for IAS Main Exam?
  7. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  8. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  9. List of main subjects for IAS exams?
  10. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Where can I get the study material?
  11. Which subjects should I choose for IAS exam while doing B.Tech IT?
  12. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS? -- [New]
  14. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?
  15. Date of IAS exam? Which books to prefer? How to prepare for the exam and the interview? Date of announcement of advertisement in the paper?
  16. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  17. Study material to be referred for IAS entrance exam? How to prepare for it?
  18. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
28th June 2012, 05:01 PM
LAVANYA123456789012

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?

It is the right time for you to prepare for Ias, at first you have to prepare for the subjects you would like to choose and are good at ,then your preparation starts it is good if you prepare for prelims and mains at a time do remember that always take up your easy subjects as most of the people prefer to take history or political sciences as their subjects because they have good material available in the market , check whether you are good at English and any one language check these aspects in your fourth year and with minimum knowledge get into Ias coaching for one complete year you will definitely acheive success
28th June 2012, 05:02 PM
tikkisettimadhavi74

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?

IAS (Indian Administrative service) is the most reputed Job of India.The members for this civil services are recruited through civil services examination called IAS exam,which is conducted by UPSC.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has changed the pattern of highly respected IAS exam from 2011
From 2011, Preliminary Examination is consisting of two papers- Paper I and Paper II with 200 marks each.

Compulsory subjects to be read are

1.General Studies
2.English
3.languages

Any two subjects can be selected from the list of optional subjects..

List Of OPTIONAL Subjects and Syllabus :

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce

Economics

Electrical Engineering

Geography

Geology

Indian History

Indian languages

Law

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

But the combination of those subjects must be selected in such a way that the following combinations must not be there..

Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
Commerce & Accountancy and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Mathematics and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Any TWO branches of Engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Combination of TWO Literatures

PREPARATION TIPS :

Time management plays a vital role in your preparation.
Next comes the proper combination of subjects you select,effective way of presentation of answers in the exam.
See that you have a grip on the current affairs going on.

hope this will help you.
all the best..
23rd July 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am a engineering student studying cse 2nd year is it eligible for civil service exams? because there is a combinations of literature and history basis how can i concatenate it?
9th September 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Pease suggest Some books for IAS PRELIMINIRY exams preparation...
29th September 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should I choose,a student of BDS?
30th September 2012, 10:03 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?

To prepare for IAS 2013 exam you will require three things: a proper plan or approach, the right study materials, and commitment.

Planning is imperative when you decide to appear for the Prelims. Deciding to take the exam 4 or 5 months before the Prelims is not a very smart strategy as you have to cover a wide syllabus and go through numerous books and magazines, even though it is possible to prepare for Prelims in 4 months. But I always advise you should start preparing at least 10 months prior to the next year’s Prelims and 12 months ideally, if possible. So if you are targeting IAS 2013 to be held in May 2013 then ideally start preparing from June 2012 itself.
The compulsory subjects are as follows:
General Studies
languages
English

And the optional ones are:

Agriculture
Animal husbandry and veterinary studies
Botany
Chemistry
Civil engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical engineering
Law
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology

Good Luck
1st October 2012, 12:26 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvik kumar View Post
hello sir am dng my b.tech 3rd yr civil engineering i want to know how to prepare for an ias exam and what are main subjects that i have to study and what are smain subjects that have to choose for the preparation of an ias exam please give some sugestions that has to be follow

>> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with at least 55% from recognized universities.

>> Final year students are also applicable.

Here is the list of subject that you can choose for specialization:

• Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Arabic
  • Assamese
  • Bengali
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
1st October 2012, 06:40 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

There are three stages in IAS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in

good luck
20th November 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

being an art side student which subjects should i choose for giving exams
29th November 2012, 07:19 PM
tarini88

Its very interesting to see or really informative to see such useful ideas given by you all... i am an engineering student so i have been studying completely different subjects and studying at home with some online guidance from this online coaching for ias for general studies ias
http://www.wiziq.com/course/7109-upsc-civil-services-general-studies-prelims-cum-mains-exam-preparation
just log in to see outline of the course !!!
23rd December 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

im dng mbbs final year.which optional subjects should i prefer
18th March 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

I am in 2 medical suggest me what should i do after it so that i will give ias?
18th April 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BA at that time.please sugguest me what optional subject i take for the prepration of IAS.PLZ.................
29th April 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

what course of field of art,physics,english and i take for the prepration of fashion disigning
24th May 2013, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bba... in 2014 i will complete it... i want to do ias plz will u tell me its main subject and book which i can refer for ias... i also want to know the fee structure of ias....
8th July 2013, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a student studying B.A in English , How would I prepare myself for IAS exam and which subjects would be good for my optional subject? ?
8th July 2013, 07:38 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvik kumar View Post
syllabus structure for ias exam is shown in this link:http://www.jagranjosh.com/ias-syllabus-st-1358321036
16th July 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

As i am village students i dont haue any materials and guidence please guide
18th July 2013, 03:07 PM
purnimashukla

Location: h.no. 1004, dwarkanagar lalmati kanchghar, east ghamapur,, jabalpur, mp(india)

IAS 2013 – How to Prepare for IAS Exam 2013
june 6, 2012 by lazylord 313 comments
Those of you planning to appear for the IAS exam in 2013 may be wondering ‘how do I start preparing for the IAS exam?’, ‘what books, materials are required’, what’s the syllabus of IAS 2013‘, ‘ Is coaching required?’, ‘What’s the perfect strategy to prepare for the IAS exam’, ‘How to select the optional subjects’ and so on. Good news; all your queries concerning the IAS exam 2013 will be answered in this post so read on.
Attached Files
File Type: docx ias.docx(17.3 KB, 97 views)
6th July 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officer & I'm not going to coaching centre. But how is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?