4th June 2012, 06:18 PM
SHALINI DUGGAL

What is the way to prepare for CATE entrance?

I want to know the way to prepare cat entrance . Sample papers

15th November 2015, 11:16 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the way to prepare for CATE entrance?

Hi,

This question isn't clear about what is the exam that you have asked about. To my belief, CAT and CATE are two completely different examinations. However, since its not clear here I would be providing info on both of them.

1. CATE - Common Admission Test for English

This test is conducted by the Delhi University for its admissions to English Honors programs in various DU Colleges. It is not one of the toughest examinations in India however would required a specific set of skills to be cracked. Here are listed a few eligibility criteria that one has to fulfill in order to sit for this:

A. One should be a 12th pass candidate or results awaited in order to apply for CATE. It can only be given by people who are 12th pass or have appeared for the secondary examination from some board of education like CBSE, ICSE, etc.

B. You should be well versed in English Language to crack this exam with good scores. Questions based on grammar, comprehension, and other english vocabulary related stuffs are asked as part of it to test the appearing candidates on their levels of English.

C. You may apply for this exam during the months June-July once the 12th board exam results are out.

Studies about basic English, sentence completion, para jumble, grammar, comprehension and more would help in cracking this examination.

2. CAT - Common Admission Test

This is the basic test that everyone has to give who wishes to get admission in the IIMs for MBA Education. It is DEFINITELY one of the toughest exams in India to crack.

It tests students on their ability to tackle quantitative problems, Logical reasoning, English and data interpretation skills.

Here are the following eligibility criteria for it:

1. One must be a graduate in ANY discipline from a recognized university with 60% and above marks for getting a good college.

2. People with working experience are always preferred more over freshers in MBA Business Schools.

3. You are required to fill up for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT, etc to get admission in top MBA Colleges.

To study one has to concentrate on areas like Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and English for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?