5th June 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Details about IAS exam? How can I write IAS exam? I am doing final year B.E

Hai sir i am doing final year BE while i can write IAS exam please give details about IAS exam and how i can make physically and theoritically to write IAS exam. Please send to my mail id:
[email protected]
thank you sir...

5th June 2012, 06:06 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about IAS exam? How can I write IAS exam? I am doing final year B.E

There is no separate IAS Exam for the candidates to be placed in IAS. But instead, the candidates should crack civil services exam to be placed in IAS.

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

This is being conducted to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Revenue Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

The selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IAS is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate should possess to take this exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also take this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

As you are pursuing final year of BE course, you can take this exam this year and even next year also.

One should have to opt for 2 optional subjects for Civil services Main Exam while registering for this exam.

You did not mention the stream that you are pursuing in your BE. I suggest you to choose the optional subjects in accordance with the stream in your BE and the subjects in which you are having good subject knowledge.

Check yourself that you should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you have very less time in your hands to prepare for this exam, try to start good coaching for this exam from a coaching institute.

They will provide you good material and sample papers to prepare for this exam.

For this academic year CSAT was already completed.

Have good preparation for upcoming CSAT Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
5th June 2012, 08:38 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about IAS exam? How can I write IAS exam? I am doing final year B.E

Hi dear.............
The details eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows..........

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam........

As this exam is conducted through UPSC, for more details visit official website of UPSC,
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..........
5th June 2012, 04:10 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes you are eligible for IAS being a candidate persuing final year BE.
So you have to crack civil services aptitude test(CSAT).
This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Services Commission) one time in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must be complete graduation or equivalent degree from any of the recognised university.

Being a final year candidate may also eligible.

There is no Percentage restrictions for this exam.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 21 years to 30 years,

3 years upper age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

No.of attempts for this exam:-

For General category--> 4 times,

For OBC category--> 7 times,

For SC/ST category--> No limits for SC/ST category.

Selection process:-

Civil services aptitude test,

Civit services mains exam,

Personal interview.

For more details visit the below website

All the best.
6th June 2012, 09:40 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.The minimum qualification needed for this exam is graduation from a recognized university of india.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.QUALIFICATION:Graduation

2.AGE LIMIT:21 to 30 years.

3.AGE RELAXATION:3 years for OBC Candidates,5 years for SC/ST candidates.

4.NATIONALITY:Indian

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

If you want more information about this exam please visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
6th June 2012, 11:26 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

you are eligible for the IAS exam with pursuing final year B.E.

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the upsc once in a year.

First you crack the CSAT exam to become IAS officer.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality :

the candidate must be citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

The candidate must complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The final year candidates are also eligible.

There is no minimum percentage required.

Age limit:

The candidate age limit should be between the 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates.

5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates.

Both male and female candidates are eligible.

No. Of attempts:

4 attempts for the general category

7 attempts for the obc category

there is no limit of attempts for the sc/st categories

physical standards:

the candidate should be physically and medically fit.

Selection process:

Civil service aptitude test

main exam

personal Interview

medical test

for more details visit the website

all the best.
17th June 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

steps (or) levels in ias exam
30th June 2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir, am compleated BE , but i hav only 44 perc , can i write IAS exam? can you date of exam?
16th July 2012, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Hai sir i am complit B.Sc(GON) while i can write IAS exam please give details about IAS exam and how i can make physically and theoritically to write IAS exam. Please send to my mail id:
[email protected]
thank you sir...
16th July 2012, 02:27 PM
chaudhary777

dear friend ,

IAS stands for Indian administrative service .this exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year

to be eligible for this exam you have given qualification :_

you must be a citizen of India .

you must have done your graduation or doing your last year with any stream from any deciplined college .

your age must be within 21 to 30 years .

special age relaxtion is provided to sc/st and obc candidates .

now the exam is taken in three stage and you will enter in each stage by passing one by one :-

1st stage :- preliminary .

2nd stage :- mains .

3rd stage :- personal interview .

there are several attempts provided to the candidates :-

for general candidate :- 4 times .

for sc/st candidate :- no limits .

for obc candidate :- 7 times .

hope the answer helps you .

all the best for our exam and career .

chaudhary777 .
29th September 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

What price of salary in i a s
12th October 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation for females for applying for ias
13th October 2012, 11:34 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

good luck
23rd November 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I had done my diploma in Mechanical Engg, rightnow I am working after completion of my correspondence degree( B.Tech), Can I eligible to attend this IAS exam?
14th December 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

SIR,GRADUATION PERCENTAGE IS REQUIRED TO QUALIFY IAS EXAM ?
23rd January 2013, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Iam study in poor but I interst in IAS please say something
23rd January 2013, 11:20 PM
purvi52

Smile Re: Details about IAS exam? How can I write IAS exam? I am doing final year B.E

Is there any relaxation for females for applying for ias
24th January 2013, 01:20 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hai sir i am doing final year BE while i can write IAS exam please give details about IAS exam and how i can make physically and theoritically to write IAS exam. Please send to my mail id [email protected] thank you sir...
In the final semester of the B.Tech course you can apply for the IAS entrance examination.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is consider as the one of the best job in India. IAS examination is come under civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. If you are interested in the IAS field then to appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final semester b.tech candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

There are no limit percentage required in graduation. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the IAS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IAS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th January 2013, 01:41 AM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as IAS stands for Indian Administrative exam is concern Yes you can this exam,it does not matter while doing final year B.E ,coz finely year students are also eligible for this exam,if you want to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.This examination is conducted by UPSC ,Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
#.must be Indian citizen
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013

Good luck...
12th March 2013, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i have done my gradution in st.josphe it is atonomus can i write ias exam
12th March 2013, 07:17 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hai sir i am doing final year BE while i can write IAS exam please give details about IAS exam and how i can make physically and theoritically to write IAS exam. Please send to my mail id:
[email protected]
thank you sir...

Hello friend,

>> Dear, First you are complete your BE after eligible for IAS. IAS detail give ib below.

>> Eligibility in IAS examination

- Graduation complete in any Recognized university or Equivalent.
- Nationality in Indian.

>> Age Limits

- 21 to 30 years for General cast.
- 21 to 35 years for SC/ST cast.
- 21 to 33 years for OBC cast.

>> Exam pattern

- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Interview

Best of luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_thumb21.jpg
Views:	2908
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	133428  
12th March 2013, 08:47 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

There is no different exam as IAS exam, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for Graduation Degree final Exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by Personal Interview.

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective questions.

-Personal Interview

As you are now pursing B.E. final year, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th May 2013, 03:42 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e. Indian Administrative Exam
IAS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th July 2013, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

hai ra my name is rakesh i am studying degree 1st year behand that i want to prepare IAS exam.plesase let me know details.1)which books i have to read 2)physical fitness
13th July 2013, 11:24 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i have done my gradution in st.josphe it is atonomus can i write ias exam
If you want to become an IAS officer than in that case you have to give the Civil Services Exams conducted by UPSC

This exam is held for 24 posts and these are IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc

Educatiional qualifications required is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks required in graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum -30 years for all the General category candidates
Maximum 33 years for the OBC candidates
Maximum 35 years for the SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General candidates- 4
OBC candidates -7
SC/ST candidates- No such restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview
14th July 2013, 08:41 AM
Vamshi.Kothari

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

This is being conducted to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Revenue Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

The selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IAS is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Age limits is 21 years to 30 years,

3 years upper age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

No.of attempts for this exam:-

For General category--> 4 times,

For OBC category--> 7 times,

For SC/ST category--> No limits for SC/ST category.
14th July 2013, 11:39 AM
Ravi dikshith

Being a student of final year Engineering you are eligible for writing the I.A.S exam.The Indian Administrative Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.The eligibility details of the exam is mentioned below:
ELIGIBILITY DETAILS:
  • The candidate must be a citizen of India.
  • You must have completed graduation from any recognized university.
  • Must have atleast 21 years of age.
  • The maximum age upto which a candidate can apply is 30 years.
  • Upper age relaxation is provided for the reserved category candidates.
  • If you belong to SC/ST category then you can apply for the exam up to 35 years.
  • If you belong to OBC category then you can apply for the exam up to 33 years.
  • If you belong to physically handicapped category then you can apply for the exam up to 40 years.
  • If you have Ex-Service men quota then you will get upper age relaxable up to 5 years.
These are the eligibility details of the I.A.S exam.

EXAM PATTERN:
The exam pattern is as follows:
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination
  • Interview
Candidates must qualify all the three stages for getting the posting.These are the details of the I.A.S exam conducted by UPSC.
14th July 2013, 02:32 PM
kiruthika m.m

Dear Aspirant,
Indian Administrative Service Exam is conducted by union public Service Commission.This Exam conducts one time in a year.
Educational Qualifications:
A candidate must have obtained minimum qualification is graduation from recognized University with minimum pass marks eligible for Exam.All final year students of graduation course also eligible for this exam.
Selection Procedure for UPSC Exam:
Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Interview
Preliminary Exam:Preliminary Exam is held on May/June month,Preliminary exam have two papers those are as follows
Paper-I is General Studies and Paper-II is General Aptitude.
For Paper-I,you have to cover the syllabus of History,Current affairs,Economy,Polity,Science Technology,Geography.
For paper-II you have to cover the syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude,Reasoning English Language.
Each paper of Preliminary exam have 200m,each paper duration is 2 Hours.
Mains Exam:
Mains Exam have IX descriptive Papers.If you qualified in preliminary exam you can eligible for Mains Exam.
Mains Exam generally held on the month of October.
Interview:
interview is held on the month of January.
Age limits:
General category Candidates:21-30 years as on 01-08-Exam conducting year.
For BC candidates:21-33 years as on 01-08-exam conducing year.
For SC/ST candidates:21-35 years as on 01-08-exam conducting year.
Application Procedure:
we can apply for this post in offline or online mode.
For offline mode application are available in all Head Post Offices.Application cost is 100/- for General category,BC candidates.For SC/ST candidates do not have any application fee.
For Online mode application cost is 50/-application are available in official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Generally notification is released in the month of January.
Official Website:http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th November 2013, 03:23 AM
Unregistered

sir ,actually i am an engineering student in pre -final year and i am thinking to give IAS examination after completion of my graduation but i am confused as what to choose as a subject for ias exam.please help in detail
8th April 2014, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

sir,i study b.sc microbiology in 1st year which subject i was select in ias exam in
prepare
20th May 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

hii i am doing BE final yr. I want to write ias exam in tamil..... May i write the ias exam in tamil
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?