2nd February 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required for Ph.D? How to apply for Ph.D?

i am mca pass out. i want 2 know wht is intial step for phd.like what the qualification required.hw i apply for phd.

3rd February 2011, 03:16 AM
akki89

Default Re: What are the qualifications required for Ph.D? How to apply for Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am mca pass out. i want 2 know wht is intial step for phd.like what the qualification required.hw i apply for phd.
Dear friend,

The first and basic qualification required for a Ph.D. course is that
you must have completed your Masters degree course.
To apply for Ph.D. you can either directly apply to the professors of
different universities sending them your resume , Statement of purpose
and your research papers. Or you can appear for UGC-NET examination
and then sending your NET scores to the professors under whom you want
to undergo your Ph.D. course.

Thank You.
3rd February 2011, 08:42 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required for Ph.D? How to apply for Ph.D?

To take up a PH.d the minimum qualification required is Masters degree. So the MCA qualification is sufficient. However most universities have a minimum % requirement of 55-60%. If you fulfill the same then you can apply. You need to decide the university from which you would like to take the PH.d. Most universities do advertise for applicants. You can however send an application letter address to the concerned authorities. You may need to appear for an entrance exam.
3rd February 2011, 09:29 AM
simran kaur20389

Hi,
For, Ph.d person must have masters degree only so you can apply for ph.d .

All d best
3rd February 2011, 09:45 AM
shilpa.trivedi

hello.....
friend........
you are elligeble to PhD
becoz basically master course is the need to do PhD.
as you had completed your masters in computer application..
so you can adopt PhD couse which is totally related to application ...
examples like PhD (ic'c, hard disk films etc...)
ok.......
do your best ..........
3rd February 2011, 01:05 PM
rks_estate

Dear,

Minimum Eligibility for Ph.D: -
i. Passed M.Sc. or M.E. or M.Tech. or MBA or equivalent with a minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / university.

ii. A candidate securing 55 % marks throughout the academic carrier starting at class-10th.

Example: -

1. For Ph.D. in Engineering - Master's degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. from a regonised institute / university.

2. For Ph.D. / M.Phil. in Sciences & Humanities - Master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks.

For Ph.D. course you may contact to that director of the college where Ph.D. course is available.

Director of the college helps & guide you regarding Ph.D. course fee & Ph.D. admission procedure.

Good Luck
3rd February 2011, 02:55 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

In India, a Masters degree is required to gain admission to a doctoral program(ph.d).
In some subjects, doing a Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil) is a prerequisite to start PhD.
For some prestigious universities it is required to qualify the all India level examination such as ‘National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) conducted by ‘University Grants Commission'.
3rd February 2011, 03:02 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--minimum qualification is a master degree(MS)

all the best
3rd February 2011, 05:19 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

You should have master degree for Phd programme
detailed information can be downloaded from the Institute website
1.www.iiitdmj.ac.in
2.www.isquareit.ac.in
3.www.ptu.ac.in
8th February 2011, 08:24 PM
shilpa.trivedi

Quote:
hi..friend
master is the basic need of PhD in any of the required subject
3rd March 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

hi, what is the fee structure for doing PhD n plz help me in enlisting the universities which provides PhD courses
3rd April 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my mca from distance education can i eligible for phd
9th May 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,if i became topper in a university like assam university cn i gt a job of lacturer in the local collages i mean in borak vally?
12th May 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am in class XI ,What i should do to become a scientist in future?
24th June 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir ,I have done my Part time MBA. Am i eligible for the Phd programme
27th June 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.com,what should i do m.com or mfc(master of finance and control)
3rd July 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

a have completed my M.E .. what is procedure for doing Ph.D in part time
6th August 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B tech in ECE..i have two years experience in TCS.Please can anyone let me know what i need to do for integrated Phd..
7th September 2011, 04:58 PM
archijaleel

UGC (MINIMUM STANDARDS AND PROCEDURE FOR AWARDS OF M.PHIL/PH.D. DEGREE),
REGULATION, 2009
New Delhi-110002, the 1 st June 2009
E 1-1/2002 (PS) Exemp.—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (e) & (g) of sub-section (1) of
Section 26 of University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), the University Grants Commission hereby
makes the following Regulations, namely :—
Short Title, Application and Commencement :
1. These regulations may be called University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for
award of M.Phil7Ph.D. Degree), Regulations 2009.
2. They shall apply to every University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, Provincial
Act or a State Act, every Institution including a constituent or an affiliated College recognized by the
Commission, in consultation with the University concerned under clause (1) of Section 2 of the University
Grants Commission Act, 1956, and every Institution deemed to be a University under section 3 of the
said Act.
3. They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the Gazette of India.
4. All Universities, Institutions, Deemed to be Universities and Colleges/Institutions of National Importance
shall be eligible for conducting M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programmes.
5. Notwithstanding anything contained in these Regulations or any other Rule or regulation, for the time
being in force, no University, Institution, Deemed to be University and College/Institution of National
Importance shall conduct M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes through distance education niode.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR M. PHIL./PH.D. SUPERVISOR
6. All Universities, Institutions, Deemed to be Universities and Colleges/Institutions of National Importance
shall lay down the criteria for the faculty to be recognized as Research Supervisor both for M Phil and
Ph.D. Programmes.
7. All Univesities, Institutions, Deemed to be Universities and Colleges/Institutions of National Importance
shall lay down and decide on annual basis, a pr^etermined and manageable number of M.Phil and
doctoral students depending on the number of the available eligible Faculty Supervisors. A Supervisor
shall not have, at any given point of time, more than Eight Ph.D Scholars and Five M.Phil. Scholars.
8. The number of seats for M.Phil and Ph.D. shall be decided well iö advance and notified in the University
website or advertisement All Universities, Institutions, Deemed to be Universities and CoUeges/Institutions
of National Importance shall widely advertise the number of available seats for M.Phil/Ph.D studies and
conduct admission on regular basis.
14th September 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

i hv completed my MA IN ENGLISH,with 53% .i want to do phd,is it possible for me?
22nd October 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my MBA in Anna university with 69%. Is it possible to do Phd ?
22nd October 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA in Anna university with 69%. Is it possible to do Phd ?
29th October 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying B.E.,(ECE) now,i want to study PhD.D
30th October 2011, 12:19 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

to undergo your Ph.D. course.

Thanks
30th October 2011, 01:01 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

To join the Ph.D course one has to apply for the NET examination conducted by the UGC.

The eligibility criteria for the NET examination is that the candidate should has minimum master's degree from a recognized institution with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
To apply for junior research fellowship program the age of the candidate should be less then 28 years.

Best Wishes....
6th November 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

if the percentage is less than 50 we r eligible for phd n fr how many years it is
9th November 2011, 03:00 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Hello friend,
to undergo your Ph.D. course
all the best
9th November 2011, 03:05 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Hello friend,
to undergo your Ph.D. course
all the best
7th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i have comlete 2 fr how many years it is how to apply in english ?
7th January 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Ph.D in English?
3rd February 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

is the degree percentages is counted for Phd?

thank you in advance.
3rd February 2012, 09:28 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Ph.D. - Philosophy of Doctored

Eligibility Criteria :

1. A candidate must have bachelor degree with 50% of marks.
2. Candidate must have the age between 21 to 35.
3. must not have any backlogs.

good luck.
13th February 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

kay Phd karne ke liye M.A mai 55% hona jaruri hai.
2nd March 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

i have done my mba For aply phd so knw
26th March 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I WOULD LIKE TO DO PHD,WITH UGC NET SCORE AND MY QUALIFICATION IS BE-BIOTECHNOLOGY IS IT POSSIBLE
13th May 2012, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have done a distance mba , can i eligible for phd degree?
20th May 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

whether btech person can take phd degree?
24th June 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I got 53% in post graduation(obc-category) i want to know am i elligible for ugc-net
26th June 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I completed MBA in marketing, i want to do phd
27th June 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

for doing Ph.D i have to do masters degree regular or can i do it external....
is external masters degree allowed for Ph.D..???
28th June 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have just given my m.com forth semester exams..result is awaited of foerth semester...m i eligible to do PHD???????
24th August 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility for ph.d in mass. comm
29th August 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

I AM POST GRADUATE IN MASS COMMUNICATION AND WANT TO DO PH.D
26th October 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

is i m eligible for doing phd aftr doing m.com (correspondance)
26th October 2012, 11:20 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

qualifications required for Ph.D
Quote:
Candidates with MBA degree/ ME from a State or Central University or from a management Institute recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to MBA degree and securing a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to do Ph.D. .
17th December 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed M.A. in Philosophy with 50% in 2003,so can i eligiable for join to P.hd.?
9th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i haqve passed pgdm 65% in 2012 so . i can eligiable for ph.d ?? pls rply , [email protected]
30th January 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir / Madam, I have 10th and 12th below 50% But in Degree 55% to 60%. Can i apply in Ph.D Degree????pls rply, [email protected]
23rd February 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
I have completed M.A economics in 55% (Madurai Kamaraj University) can i apply PhD??? what are the characteristics of research paper? which type of research i have done... pls send, [email protected]
12th March 2013, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i have completed ma form sanskrit in 56% hnbgu srinagr. can i apply for phd? my mobile no is 9675315552 .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?