20th May 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?

I am doing my final year of master of physical education. i hav cleared NET with JRF. i would like to do PhD. What is the duration of regular PhD course? If i do MPhil first then PhD wil there be any change in duration of PhD? Wil there be any priority for me in the RET test since i have JRF? Please do help me!

27th May 2014, 09:08 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?

I am clearing you that there are no minimum time limit are there for the course of PHD but minimum time is 2 years but the also depends upon your completion of your given thesis with respect to your PHD topic.

And also give you information about the PhD course and also for the effect on PhD or not. So PhD is a research line course after you have completing your master degree study and the duration of PhD course is 2 to 4 years as per the subjects you have been researching for and what type of topic.

And also the type of research for that you have given to the PhD study as you have completed in your master degree study and also the bachelor's degree study so for that you can get your time for the completion of the project or research.

Now comes to your second question or you can called as a problem of yours so the M.Phil. Is a master degree course also but it’s an advance course after the master degree for the candidates so it is not any impact or any effect on your PhD study. So good luck to you.
27th September 2015, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?

I have completed M.A in education and B.Sc in Electronics.Now I want to complete P.hd in Education. Will it be beneficial to me? I am a government teacher. For lecturer what should I do. I am also preparing for NET/JRF. Pls do help me.
24th January 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the exact time period to complete the P.H.D. and what's the fees for completing P.H.D.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?