8th June 2012, 06:11 PM
chowdappa pavithra

Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?

dear sir/ madam i finished my msc in couseling psychology from bangalore univarsity in the batch of july 2011 & just wanted to know whther i can apply for mphil in psychiatric social work or in clinical psychology

with regards
PAVITHRA

7th August 2013, 07:52 PM
sunandas37

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdappa pavithra View Post
dear sir/ madam i finished my msc in couseling psychology from bangalore univarsity in the batch of july 2011 & just wanted to know whther i can apply for mphil in psychiatric social work or in clinical psychology

with regards
PAVITHRA
Introduction of the Programme

The Department of Counseling Psychology was introduced in the academic year 2002-2003. It offers a two year M.Sc Programme in Counseling Psychology and now also proposes to offer a M.Phil course in Psychology. An intensive one year M.Phil at the Department of Counseling Psychology, is designed to provide the candidates a sound knowledge in the field of Counseling Psychology after their post graduation. The course is designed for two semesters. Upon completion of the course, participants should be competent in areas such as research, test construction and counseling.

Eligibility Criteria:

A Master’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply, provided that those who have qualified for the Master’s degree prior to 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 50 per cent of marks and those who have qualified for the Master’s degree on or after 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 55 per cent of marks in their Post graduation degree. For SC/ST and Physically handicapped and visually challenged candidates who have qualified on or after 1st January 1991 a concession of 5 per cent of marks shall be given in the minimum eligibility marks.

Pattern of the Programme

The duration of the course is one academic year consisting of two semesters. The course is a combination of lecturers, seminars and research. The main objective is to provide a comprehensive training in the theory and practice in the fields such as Research, Test Construction and Counseling.

Scope of the Programme

After the completion of the Degree, the research student should be able to pursue a Doctoral Programme, Conduct Training Programmes, serve as Psychological Counsellor, work in the area of assessment and research in organizations and take to teaching profession in academic institutions.
7th October 2017, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?

Respected sir/ Madam. I just passed M A in psychology, and I want to do M.Phil with clinical psychology. Please give me information for procedure of take admission in Rinpas.
Shubham kumari
6th September 2018, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir Ma'am. I just passed MSW and working a govt cancer hospital as a social worker,I want to do M.Phil with
Psychiatric social worker.Please give me information for procedure of take admission in Rinpas.
Gitanjali [email protected]
6th January 2019, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Is it fruitful to do M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work after doing M.A in applied psychology?? As I completed in M. A in Psychology and got admission for M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work.
With regards Sukanya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?