11th June 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NDA Exam having scored 59% in 10+2 with PCM?

I get 59% 10+2 with PCM
can I give the NDA exam?

11th June 2012, 12:22 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA Exam having scored 59% in 10+2 with PCM?

Yes. You are eligible to join NDA having completed 10+2 with PCM.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One can join the following Defence services by cracking this NDA Exam
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

The selection procedure to be placed in these defence services is by
-Written Exam
-Interview
-Medical test

In order to be eligible for Army wing, one should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute.
-If you want to apply for Navy and Air Force wings, you should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in your 12th class.

As you have gone through PCM stream in your 12th class, you are eligible to apply for all the wings through NDA Exam.

Just check yourself whether your age is between 16 1/2 years to 19 years otherwise you are not allowed to give this exam.

You can get the application forms for this exam from the designated post offices all over India.

This year, the last date to apply for NDA II Exam was over.

So, you can apply for this exam in the next academic year.

For updated information on this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
11th June 2012, 12:22 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I get 59% 10+2 with PCM
can I give the NDA exam?
Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for NDA examination . You are eligible to apply for all the wings in the NDA examination .

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .

NDA Exam conducts for :-
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air force

Stage of this examination :-
  • Written exam
  • SSB Interview
  • Physical Test & Medical Test

To join in Army wings , you should have a completed 12th examination with any stream of a recognized School or equivalent qualification .

To join in Navy wings / Air force , you should have a completed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in your examination .

To join in NDA exam , you must satisfy the age limits and the age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years and there is no upper age limits .

NDA (II) Notification was already released on 05/05/12 and Last date for receipt of application on 04/06/12 . The examination will be completed on 19/08/12 .

So , if you are missed this chance then apply for next notification and notification will be publish in the month of Dec or Jan in the official website .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
11th June 2012, 12:53 PM
singh1947

Quote:
I get 59% 10+2 with PCM
can I give the NDA exam?
Dear Aspirant,

Educational Qualification:

12th certificate with PCM. (Only Pass)
So, friend you can apply for NDA examination.
This examination is conducts by the UPSC.

For more information you can visit the website of UPSC:

WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

with all good wishes
7th January 2013, 06:36 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

If we talk about your eligibility for NDA Exam according to educational qualifications that you have then you are eligible for this exam.

But there are some other eligibility criteria that you have to fulfill too in order to ensure that you are eligible for the NDA Examination.

I have mentioned those eligibility criteria that you have to consider carefully :

a) Age Limit : 16.5-19 years.

b) Nationality : Indian

c) Sex : Male

d) Marital Status : Unmarried

e) you must be physically and mentally fit.

If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria then you are eligible for the NDA Examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
7th January 2013, 07:25 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes definitely you are eligible for NDA exam. you can apply for this exam.
there is no percentage limit in the qualifying exam.

you are fully eligible if you fulfill all these criteria which is written below

Age of the candidate should be minimum 16.5 year and maximum 19 year.

selection procedure:-

1. written test - objective.

2. ssb interview.- vocal .

3. medical test.
8th January 2013, 03:29 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

According to your quest you are eligible to give NDA Exam having scored 59% in 10+2 with PCM.

Now the other qualities/criteria required for NDA Exams are:

* Age must be in between : 16.5-19 years.

* Nationality should be Indian

* Sex : Male

* Unmarried Candidates

* You must be physically and mentally in order/balanced.

Thanks.
12th January 2013, 06:38 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to give NDA Exam having scored 59% in 10+2 with PCM?

Quote:
I get 59% 10+2 with PCM
can I give the NDA exam?
Hi

Please do not worry about your candidature in the NDA Exam. I am saying this because NDA doesn't ask for any minimum required percentage. Hereby I am giving you certain details about this reputed entrance which is held by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year twice in the months of April and August right after the Board exams are concluded.

NDA as you may know stands for NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY. This is an entrance to get jobs and placed in the Indian Defense Wings which are Army, Air Force and Navy. If you wish to apply for this exam, then you have to first read the prerequisites and match your eligibility. They are listed as follows :-

1. You should be a minimum 12th class Higher Secondary Pass student/appeared in that year from a recognized educational institution and school.
2. Age criteria varies from 16.5 to 19 years in the year of application. This is very strict and nobody deviating from this limit can apply.
3. Science students are open to apply for any of the 3 wings of defense, but the Commerce and Arts students cannot. They can only apply for the Army.
4. Also physically and mentally the candidate should be absolutely fit. There is a fitness and physical test once you are able to clear the written exam.

The NDA 2013 Notification is already out and you can get it HERE.. If you wish to apply online, CLICK HERE !!!

The last date to apply is 20th January 2013 and the Exam date is on 7th April 2013 which is a Sunday so you can prepare well by then.

To know more about the Exam, CLICK Here..So there is no such percentage criteria mentioned and so with 59% in your 12th as well also you are eligible to apply for any of the 3 wings of Defense.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?