18th June 2012, 12:42 PM
supriya.verma

Which course is a better choice for me between MCA and B.Ed being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science?

I'm doing b.sc with computer science..so plzzz tell me which is better MCA or B.ED???

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better choice between MBA and MCA?
  2. Is it a good choice to do correspondence course from SMU after doing BSc in Computer Science?
  3. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  4. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I join ISRO having done B.Sc in Computer Science and pursuing MCA?
  6. Which branch in M.Sc Physics is a good choice for me being a candidate pursuing B.Sc with Maths, Physics and Computer Science?
  7. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  8. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  9. Which is a better choice after BSc Computer Science between MBA and MCA?
  10. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  11. Eligibility and requirements to study MS(Computer Science) in Stanford University for MCA 4th semester student? -- [New]
  12. What are the jobs available for BSc IT and MCA correspondence candidate? I have done BSc IT and pursuing MCA from PTU
  13. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  14. Can I do MCA or MBA after studying BSc computer science
  15. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  16. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA and MCA being a candidate of pursuing BCA and not having interest in Computer Language?
  17. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  18. After BSc what can I do between MSc, MCA and MBA?
21st July 2015, 05:52 PM
john215

Default Re: Which course is a better choice for me between MCA and B.Ed being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science?

Re: Which course is a better choice for me between MCA and B.Ed being a candidate pursing B.Sc Computer Science?

Your marks shows that you are a good student and career oriented as well.

If you are not in financially sound position then i suggest you that skip the plan of doing MBA.

MBA regular can cost you more then 5 lacks which is a big amount and if you go for a distance course then finding a job will be very difficult for you,

As we already have many regular MBA students that are not getting jobs and in this case your i do not think that your distance learning will help you more.

Now coming to B.ed then it is a good course which you can do in regular more with less amount of money.

The whole fees will not cross more then 50000 so it can be a better choice for you.

After that you can easily get jobs in any private school and you can earn your money back easily.

B.Ed also makes you eligible for Government teacher jobs and you can study hard and become a Govt. teacher and earn a handsome salary.

At last the option that comes to you is MCA which is also good but the job market is not that good and also it will take 2 years to complete the course.

One more thing that i want to highlight is that it is a technical course and you can't understand technical terms at home so distance MCA can not help you much.

All the best...........
22nd July 2015, 08:21 PM
channu tiwari

Default Re: Which course is a better choice for me between MCA and B.Ed being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science?

With the launch of digital India campaign the scope of MCA has been widened. Its more opportune to pursue mca
21st August 2021, 01:40 PM
Chandra shekhar titgayein

If you have completed B. Sc in computer science .
If you choose M.C.A it's better option. Complete M.C.A with reputed company and you will get placement in technical organisation with sallary between 30k - 1lac .You will have same subjects that's related to computer science. Which will be easy to get post graduate.
If you choose b. Ed there is only option to choose profession as a teacher after b. Ed. You have to study new subjects of arts (psycology, sociology etc) along with computer science.
And for applying in a private school or college for teacher you must have a P.G degree that's MCA.
So M. C. A is better option.
13th June 2023, 06:54 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Choosing between an MBA and PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) depends on several factors, including your career goals, personal preferences, and the reputation of the institutions offering these programs. As for determining which institute is better for doing an MBA or PGDM, it's essential to consider various aspects such as accreditation, curriculum, faculty, industry exposure, alumni network, placement opportunities, and overall reputation. Here's some information to help you make an informed decision:

MBA (Master of Business Administration):

MBA programs are typically offered by universities and affiliated colleges.
They provide a broader curriculum and cover a wide range of business subjects, including finance, marketing, operations, human resources, and strategy.
The degree is awarded by the university and holds significant recognition in both academic and corporate sectors.
MBA programs often focus on theoretical concepts and case studies, combining classroom learning with practical application.
PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management):

PGDM programs are offered by autonomous institutes or business schools approved by bodies like AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
They may have more flexibility in designing their curriculum, allowing for greater industry relevance and specialization options.
PGDM programs tend to focus on practical aspects of management education, including case studies, live projects, industry internships, and guest lectures by industry experts.
The diploma is awarded by the autonomous institute or business school and is widely recognized by the industry.
When considering which institute is better for pursuing an MBA or PGDM, it is crucial to evaluate each institute individually based on the aforementioned factors. Look for institutes that have a strong reputation, experienced faculty members, a robust curriculum aligned with industry trends, a strong network of industry connections, and good placement records. Consider factors such as the institute's rankings, accreditation, alumni success stories, infrastructure, and the learning environment they offer.

Ultimately, the choice between an MBA and PGDM depends on your preferences and goals. If you prioritize a degree from a university and prefer a broader curriculum, an MBA may be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you are more inclined towards practical exposure, industry relevance, and specialization options, a PGDM program from a reputable business school could be a better fit.

It's advisable to thoroughly research and consider your long-term career aspirations, evaluate the specific programs and institutes you are interested in, and seek guidance from professionals or alumni to make a well-informed decision.

User
Which course is a better choice for me between MCA and B.Ed being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science?
ChatGPT
Choosing between MCA (Master of Computer Applications) and B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) depends on your career goals and interests. Here's some information to help you make a decision:

MCA:

Career Opportunities: MCA is a professional postgraduate degree that focuses on computer applications and software development. It prepares students for careers in software development, programming, database management, system analysis, and IT consultancy. MCA graduates often find opportunities in the IT industry, software companies, government organizations, and academia.

Technical Skills: MCA programs provide a comprehensive understanding of computer science, including programming languages, software engineering, data structures, algorithms, networking, database management, and web development. It equips you with technical skills required for software development and IT-related roles.

Advancement in IT Field: If you have a keen interest in computer science, software development, and want to excel in the IT field, MCA can be a suitable choice. It offers opportunities for specialization and research in advanced areas like artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, and mobile application development.

B.Ed:

Teaching Career: B.Ed is a professional undergraduate degree that focuses on preparing individuals for a career in teaching. It is specifically designed for those who aspire to become teachers in schools, colleges, or educational institutions. B.Ed graduates often find opportunities as teachers, educators, education administrators, curriculum developers, or academic consultants.

Education and Pedagogy: B.Ed programs emphasize subjects related to education, pedagogy, teaching methodologies, child psychology, classroom management, and educational technology. It equips you with skills necessary for effective teaching and classroom instruction.

Passion for Teaching: If you have a passion for teaching, working with students, and contributing to the education sector, pursuing B.Ed can be a suitable choice. It allows you to make a direct impact on the lives of students and contribute to their learning and development.

Ultimately, the decision between MCA and B.Ed depends on your interests, career aspirations, and long-term goals. If you are more inclined towards a technical career in computer science, software development, and IT, MCA would be a better fit. On the other hand, if you have a strong passion for teaching and want to pursue a career in education, B.Ed would be a suitable choice.

Consider your personal preferences, strengths, and where you see yourself in the future. You can also explore options like MCA+B.Ed integrated programs, which combine both fields of study if you wish to explore teaching in the context of computer science education. It's advisable to research the curriculum, career prospects, and industry demands for both options to make an informed decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?