16th July 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CA course without giving CPT Exam being a candidate having scored 49.91% of marks in B.Com and 55% in M.Com?

Sir I am complete Mcom with 55% Marks, but I secure markes in BCom 49.91%. Are we can elegibal for C.A. Exam without CPT Exam?

From
Loknath
Allahabad
Email- [email protected]

18th July 2012, 11:19 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CA course without giving CPT Exam being a candidate having scored 49.91% of marks in B.Com and 55% in M.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am complete Mcom with 55% Marks, but I secure markes in BCom 49.91%. Are we can elegibal for C.A. Exam without CPT Exam?

From
Loknath
Allahabad
Email- [email protected]
As per the present guidelines of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Common Proficiency Test is mandatory and will remain so, unless the proposal made by the council doesn't gets approval of the Union Government. As per the proposal, commerce graduates with a minimum of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with a minimum of 60% marks shall be exempted from the Common Proficiency Test.

So, if you want to pursue Chartered Accountancy course, you will have to qualify the test without which you won't be able to move further into the course which comprise of Integrated Professional Competence Course, Articleship Training, Final Course and other mandatory practical training.

For further information, refer to the prospectus available at Regional Offices/Branches of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
19th July 2012, 02:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CA course without giving CPT Exam being a candidate having scored 49.91% of marks in B.Com and 55% in M.Com?

Being a post graduate, you can apply for CA course without attending CPT. This is a foundation test which is conducted for 12th class qualified candidates. On the other hand, graduates can apply for IPCC directly. There is no set criterion for marks in this case. So, you can do IPCC after PG. If you clear this level along with article ship training, you are eligible to do final CA course.
17th August 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i appeared cpt bt nt cleared bt completed graduation with 49% cn i appear for ipcc directly
5th September 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

m I eligible for CA course without giving CPT Exam being a candidate having scored 50% of marks in B.Com
30th October 2012, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my articleshipin 1993 can i now appear in ca inter exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?