21st September 2012, 05:40 PM
niharkanta

How can I join Merchant navy after passing BTech in Electrical engineering

I AM A B-TECH STUDENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING(7th sem cont.)SO HOW CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AFTER GRADUATION?

8th November 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join Merchant navy after passing BTech in Electrical engineering

sir,i am Brahma varchas om prakash nayak percuing b.tech in EEE branch.sir,i want to join merchant navy after b.tech.please tell me what is the procesure to join merchant navy.
15th November 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join Merchant navy after passing BTech in Electrical engineering

i am in my b.tech 4th year.....how to join merchant navy aftermy graduation...?
30th November 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

which type of jobs are capable for b.tech students in navy
26th April 2013, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

how can i join machant navy(cargo vessel) after completion of B.Tech EE engineering?
26th April 2013, 11:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Merchant Navy deals with transportation of goods. Majority of international trade is done via sea for ages. The responsibility of transportation of goods lies on the shoulders of the Merchant Navy.

The jobs in merchant navy are desired for various reasons. Firstly if offers you opportunity to travel the seven seas and tour around the world. At the same time one can not count out the influence of good salary in the mind of aspirants.

There are various jobs in Merchant Navy and depending on them the qualification is required of the candidate.

For example if you want deck cadet job then you only have to pass Class 12th after which you can start applying for job in companies. If you are selected the company will arrange a three months long pre sea training for you.

Those who want officer level jobs are advised to complete graduation course. The two courses suggested are B.Sc Nautical Science and Marine Engineering.

To apply for any of these courses candidate first need to complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects.

Other requirements include:

The candidate should be unmarried.

Age should not be more than 20 years.

There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

Some physical requirements like 6/6 vision and minimum 150cm height.

There is also an opportunity for Engineering graduates who have completed the course in other than Marine Engineering. They can also get job in Merchant Navy which also includes you.

Firstly the candidate should have B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology. After which the candidate is required to complete 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI.

After that you can apply for the jobs in Merchant Navy. Mostly the officer level jobs are offered to Engineering graduates which means great pay and attractive perks.
13th May 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

procedure to join merchant navy after electrical engineering?
2nd July 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

procedure to join merchant navy after electrical engineering?
5th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me how an electrical engineer can enter merchant navy after b.tech.please dont repeat the things above said.just say for electrical engineering
18th September 2014, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

i heard that.. d person who selected for job.. ve to pay 4 and half lakhs for training.. how far it is applicable for electrical stdents?
14th May 2017, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.tech course of electrical and electronic engineering. I want to join in merchant Navy will you please suggest me how to take over?
7th November 2017, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I am completing my B.tech in 2018, i got campus in merchant navy in our and I have decide to join Merchant navy. I want to know that you really recruit students form the company like Alpha 9 or not. If there is how I'll I know they are not fraud or cheating students give any information regarding this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?