3rd November 2017, 12:37 AM
Sukrit Singh

Am I eligible to apply for loco pilot job with -6 power?

Sir, I have specs in my eyes of -6 power can I get the job as a loco pilot?If no, how can I manage it? Can someone give me the details on the minimum criteria which they follow? It will be good if you can answer me back soon on this. Thanks!

5th November 2017, 07:53 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for loco pilot job with -6 power?

No, you are not eligible for Loco pilot because there is medical test. So, with your -6 eye sight you cannot clear the test. The full details about eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed 10th or diploma or any equivalent education from any recognised board.
- The age limit is 18 - 30 years.
- There is age relaxation for reserved candidates.
- The candidate should have done ITI course in related trade like mechanical/ electrical/ automobile and etc.,

There will be physical test, medical test conducted by RRB. You need to clear all the rounds so that you’ll be able to get Loco pilot job.
7th November 2017, 12:26 AM
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for loco pilot job with -6 power?

It is very sad to say that you are not eligible for the job of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway. As the required medical category for the post of ALP is A1 medical (Medical Standard as per Indian Railway Medical Board). Your eye must be 6/6 and you must not have color defect in your eye, that is you must able to identify the primary colors in another word you must free from color blindness disease. For most of the technical jobs in Indian Railway this medical category is required, candidate have to qualify this medical category before getting appointment in Indian Railway. For Non-Technical jobs in Indian Railway A2 and Below medical category is require, which means you can apply for the other non technical jobs in Indian Railway. But as per my advice you must try for the non-technical jobs which also provide you great carrier and job satisfaction.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?