28th September 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for FCI Exam? Required Marks to score to get qualified in this Exam?

SIR/MADAM,
I have applied for "FCI" Exam .But till now i didn't get any information about syllabus and for how many marks the exam is being to be conducted . So Please initiate the required information based on that we will prepare for the exam planly.
Thanks&Regards,
Padmaja.G

29th September 2012, 01:25 PM
rekharai

Default Re: What is the syllabus for FCI Exam? Required Marks to score to get qualified in this Exam?

SSC FCI Exam Pattern and Exam Syllabus 2012
SSC FCI Exam Pattern and Exam Syllabus 2012

In Reference to the SSC FCI Examination 2012, which will be conducted by SSC on 11th November,2012 for the post of Assistant Grade- III in General, Depot, Techical and Account Cadres. The Candidates can check SSC FCI Exam Pattern And Exam Syllabus 2012 which is given below:

Now,Lets talk about the SSC FCI Exam Pattern

The SSC FCI Examination consists of three Papers. Paper I will be of General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and English Language. Paper II will be of Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Paper III will be of Technical nature based on the Specializations.

Note: Paper I of the written exam will be held on 11th November 2012 and Paper II and Paper III of the written exam will be on 6th January,2013. Here, Paper I will be for shortlisting the candidates. The Candidates who qualify in the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) will be eligible to be considered for the Final Selection. The Final Selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in Paper I, Paper II and Paper III for the different posts.

FCI Exam Syllabus which is as follows:

PAPER I

General Intelligence: It include Questions of verbal and non-verbal type. This include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Figural Series, Space Visualization, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analysis, Visual memory, Observation, Discrimination, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning, figure classification, Arithmetic number series, non verbal series, coding and decoding, statement and conclusions etc.

General Awareness: It include the Questions related to test the knowledge of current affairs and other matters that are happening in environment. It basically aims at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the surroundings and environment. This also include Questions relating to History, Economics, Geography, Politics, Scientific Research and Culture.

Quantitative Aptitude: This include the Questions which is used to check the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense. This includes Number System, Decimals, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Averages, Square roots, Profit and Loss, Discount, Speed Time And Distance, Time and Work, Algebra.

English Language: This include the writing ability, Basic Compherension to test the Candidate understanding in English.

PAPER II

Quantitative Methods: This include the Questions which is designed in such a way to check number sense. This will include the topics like Number System, Ratio and Proportion, Square Roots, Interests, Relationships, Geometry, Time and Work, Percentage, Graphs of linear equations, Trignometric Ratio, Degree and Radian Meausure, Height and Decisions, Bar Chart, Histrogram and Pie Chart.

English Language: This include Questions which is used to test the understanding and knowledge of Candidate in English. It basically includes the topic like Blanks, Antonyms, Synonyms, Spelling Detection, Idioms And Phrases, Active and passive voice, Narration, Shuffling of Sentences, Comprehension Passage Questions and One word Substitution etc.
19th December 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the syllabus for FCI Exam? Required Marks to score to get qualified in this Exam?

hi madam/sir, I have already written test on nov 11. Those who are qualified in paper 1 are only eligible for paper 3? Please let us know the results
1st February 2013, 12:03 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) notified for Combined Recruitment to Category III in the FCI – 2013. SSC will conduct a written examination for the posts, on behalf of FCI under special dispensation given by the Government.

Syllabus :
For Paper I (Post Codes A, B, C, D), candidate will be required to solve multiple-choice objective type questions based on:
General Intelligence,
General Awareness,
Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
English Language (Basic Knowledge).

In Paper II (for Post Codes A, B and D), the questions would be on
Quantitative Methods
English Language and Comprehension.

Paper III (Post Code C) will consist of questions in Botany, Zoology, Bio-technology, Bio-chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering

it is necessary to qualify each section. FCI organized three papers including technical test and each paper will carry 200 marks. You need to qualify in each section for further movement. Qualifying marks in word processing may be prescribed by the SSC at its discretion for evaluation of Excel Scripts, in which a separate qualifying standard will be prescribed.

Thanks..
1st February 2013, 07:18 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What is the syllabus for FCI Exam? Required Marks to score to get qualified in this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR/MADAM,
I have applied for "FCI" Exam .But till now i didn't get any information about syllabus and for how many marks the exam is being to be conducted . So Please initiate the required information based on that we will prepare for the exam planly.
Thanks&Regards,
Padmaja.G

hi friend,

FCI Grade III books

FCI Food Corporation of India Combined Recruitment Exam for Assistant Grade 3
by
G. K. P
Price: Rs. 362

FCI Assistant Grade-III Recruitment Exam for General, Depot, Technical and Account Cadre
by
Arihant Experts
Price: Rs. 333

Ultimate Guide for FCI Assistant Grade - 3 Recruitment Exam Paper 1 & 2
by
Disha Experts
Price: Rs. 461

FCI Food Corporation of India: Assistant Grade-III General, Depot, Technical and Account Cadres Recruitment Exam Guide
by
R. Gupta's
Price: Rs. 352

A have Attached FCI syllabus....

Alll the best......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FCI-Syllabus.pdf(62.5 KB, 40 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?