6th October 2012, 10:16 PM
mosmi paul

Can I become an IPS officer after doing B.Com? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

dear sir or mam
my name is mosmi paul, i am student of b.com 1st year at layellpur khalsa college jalandher, can i become an IPS officer after doing b.com. plz give me information about this..........

9th October 2012, 08:16 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after doing B.Com? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmi paul View Post
dear sir or mam
my name is mosmi paul, i am student of b.com 1st year at layellpur khalsa college jalandher, can i become an IPS officer after doing b.com. plz give me information about this..........
Yes Off Course After Completing your B.com Course your definitely eligible to appear in IPS Examination . The Basic Qualification to appear in IPS Examination is that the candidate should Complete Graduation Course from recognized University .

There is No Restriction regarding the Specialization , Any stream candidates , who Completed Bachelor degree course are eligible to apply for this IPS Examination .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination is divided into three levels namely ,Preliminary Examination /Main Examination and Interview .

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Applicant should be Passed in Bachelor degree Course/ Equivalent Course in any stream from recognized University .

The candidate who are in Final year of Bachelor degree Course , May also eligible to appear in this Examination

Only Pass Marks is Enough to apply for this Examination . So, the candidate who Complete Bachelor degree with Pass Marks are eligible to apply for this Examination .

At present your Graduation 1st Year Student , If your Interested to appear in IPS Examination then I suggest you to Complete Your Graduation without Arrears in Single Subject than Only your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

Applicant age should Minimum 21 years and Maximum and 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidates like,

Upper age Relaxation :-

=For OBC candidates :- 3 yeas
=For SC/ST :- 5 Years
=For Physically Challenged candidates :- 10 years .

Physical Standard is Mandatory to apply for IPS Examination like Eyesight /Weight and Height Etc..

Physical Standards for IPS Examination :-

The Notification for this Civil Examination may Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC . So, I suggest you to keep Watching Employment new regularly to get More Information regarding this Examination .

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
9th October 2012, 09:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after doing B.Com? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

Yes, you become an IPS officer after completion of B.Com. through applying, appearing and cracking Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible to apply for IPS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should maintain minimum physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145 cm.

CHEST:- For Male-85cm while for Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The slection is though three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th October 2012, 10:53 PM
Arajjo

Hello friend...

Yes, you appear the IPS exam after the complete the B.com. the IPS exam base on the Bachelor degree so you appear the IPS exam..

Eligibility Criteria of IPS are:-

Minimum require the Bachelor degree in IPS exam and Age 21 years must be completed. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Thanks..

All the Best!!
10th October 2012, 12:32 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC
13th October 2012, 03:59 PM
Saran 18

Quote:
dear sir or mam
Definitely your eligible to become an IPS officer after completion of B.Com. through applying,

To be eligible to apply for IPS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination is divided into three levels namely ,Preliminary Examination /Main Examination and Interview .

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :

Aspirant should be Passed in Bachelor degree Course/ Equivalent Course in any stream from recognized University .

The applicant who are in Final year ,Also eligible to apply in this Examination

Only Pass Marks is Enough to apply for this Examination . So, the candidate who Complete Bachelor degree with Pass Marks are eligible to apply for this Examination .

Applicant age should Minimum 21 years and Maximum and 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidates like,

Upper age Relaxation :-
OBC candidates :3 years, SC/ST : 5 Years, Physically Challenged candidates : 10 years .

>>HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145 cm.

>>CHEST:- For Male-85cm while for Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.
Note:

Physical Standard is Mandatory to apply for IPS Examination like Eyesight /Weight and Height Etc..
25th October 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have recently completed B com, and I want to be an IPS officer but how sir?
28th January 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

me b.com 2nd year ka student hu me j.n.v.u clg jodhpur me pdta hu kya me i.p.s. bn sakta hu? iske liye mujhe kuch suggestions dijiye
28th January 2013, 08:13 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
dear sir or mam
Helo,
Eligibility Criteria of IPS are:-

Minimum require the Bachelor degree in IPS exam and Age 21 years must be completed. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
28th January 2013, 10:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IPS(Indian Police Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

You are eligible for IPS exam after completion of B.Com graduation.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation or any bachelor's degree from any recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age details criteria:-

The age limits are 21 to 30 years,

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Preliminary examination,

Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Exam pattern.:-

Physical standards:-:

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
28th January 2013, 10:57 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir or mam
HI!
After passing B.Com f you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to qualify the civil services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.P.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

In prelims exam:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In mains exam:-
> > General Studies
> > Two optional subject chose by you.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law
29th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

First i have to appreciate you that you want to become a IPS Officer because this one is really a difficult task for anyone because you are thinking about the most highly and power full job in the Police Department.

IPS : Stands for the Indian Police Service and for the IPS post you have to write the union public service commission exam and the name of the exam is the civil services exam which is also the dream of the many candidates who want to join the IAS or IPS.

Simply the civil services exam is conducted by the upsc every year for the post of IAS And IPS And according to the merit list you will get the job.If you get good marks than you will get the IAS post and if you will get little less marks than you will get the IPS Post.

And as you said you are a b.com 1st year student and you want to join as ips officer after completing your b.com and the answer for your question is yes you can join the department after completing your graduation degree b.com

For the exam their is just need a degree of graduation from a recognized university also their is no need of any specific % of marks too.

For the exam your age must be between 21-30 if you are a general and if you are in obc than it will increase to 33 and for the sc,st it will increase to 35 years.

For the exam their is also limitation on the attempts means 4 attempts given to the general to write the exam in lifetime and 7 to the obc and unlimited to the sc and st

Best of luck
29th January 2013, 09:31 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become an IPS officer after doing B.Com? I am a student of B.Com 1st year

Quote:
dear sir or mam

How to become IPS After B.Com.

To become an IPS officer is a matter of great pride and you will have to clear the Civil Service Exams which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

Candidates can appear for the Civil Services if they satisfy the below mentioned criteria :-

>> you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you are general..

>> you must be 21-33 years if OBC, 21-35 years if SC/ST and 21-40 years if PD..

>> you should have completed your graduation from a recognized institute in any stream (percentage no bar)

>> you have a max of 4 attempts if you are a general candidate..7 if you are OBC and no limit if you are SC/ST or PD..

So, yes you can become an IPS officer but only after you complete your B.Com..

There are the following rounds to be cleared in order to become an IPS Officer :-

>> CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)
>> Mains
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination

The CSAT will consist of 2 objective papers which will test you on your aptitude and GK..

If you clear the CSAT then you qualify for the next round where you will be tested on the basis of your graduation subjects as well as English..

After clearing the Mains..you will be called for the interview round and then finally you will face the medical examination round..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of CSAT and its syllabus..

Also go through the details about the IPS Medical examination round that I have attached..

In case you still have any queries then you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 65 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ECONOMICS_I 2010.pdf(146.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ECONOMICS_II 2010.pdf(128.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 103 views)
1st June 2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

ias officer what learn to make ias officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?