11th November 2012, 09:56 PM
harekrushnasahoo

How calculate percentage for IIT JEE?

I have taken 6 subjects in cbse 12 board exam.like english,physics,chem.,maths. Computer science and physical education. My percentage of mark will be calculated out of total six subjects or out of best 5 scored subjects or any other means.

6th January 2013, 02:23 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How calculate percentage for IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harekrushnasahoo View Post
I have taken 6 subjects in cbse 12 board exam.like english,physics,chem.,maths. Computer science and physical education. My percentage of mark will be calculated out of total six subjects or out of best 5 scored subjects or any other means.
Hi

IIT JEE stands for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted by the IIT's for the admissions of the B.Tech students in their colleges. Now they ask for a minimum 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination i.e the Class 12th board exams.

Now as you say you had 6 subjects, the best 5 (except Physical Education) are to be considered for the calculation of your percentage. Which means :

Maths marks + Physics Marks + Chemistry Marks + English Marks + Computer Science Marks = TOTAL

This total has to be divided by 5 to get the aggregate that you have scored in your class 12th board exams.

This aggregate should be above 60%. Physical Education marks CANNOT Be considered at the cost of Computer Science 5th subject. Had you studied ONLY Physical Education then that could have been considered.

If your aggregate in the 5 subjects are not above 60% then you are not eligible to take up the IIT JEE Exam.
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
15th May 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How calculate percentage for IIT JEE?

my subjects in class 12 th are maths physics chemistry English computer science and my friend's are maths physics chemistry english physical education. which one is the best combination and why?
25th December 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have taken 6 subjects at 12th exam
Eng-86
maths-61
phy-64
chem-70
bio-75
painting-88
sir how to calculate percentage .
I have to submit this in jee main form
23rd March 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 12 cbse
i have total 5 subjects(Mathematics Physics Chemistry Physical education English) then how should i calculate percentage for iit jee eligibility?
11th May 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i have got physical edu. as my 6th paper. my paper are eng, maths , phy, chem, computer science, phe. what will be the criteria for selection of subject in calculating percentage in cbse result.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?