30th March 2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier if having a year back in B.Tech to study MS in Abroad?

Hi
I am a B.Tech student from VTU. Unfortunately I had to go through a year back due to less IA averages which affected my final exams. But later I rejected all the second year results and reappeared for 2nd year. Now that I have cleared all of my second year subjects, will there be still a barrier for me to pursue my MS in Abroad? Does my year back affect during admission in Abroad colleges? Please I need an answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  2. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  3. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  4. B.Tech in Abroad with scholarship for 12th PCM student?
  5. What is the procedure of studying MCA course from abroad after completing BCA from India?
  6. Which course should I choose after B.Tech in abroad between MS and M.Tech? From where to get the study material?
  7. Percentage required in B.Tech to study MS in Abroad with scholarship? Total expenses of MS in Abroad?
  8. Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad?
  9. Can I study further in Abroad if secured less than 70% in B.Tech(ME)?
  10. How can I get scholarship for Abroad studies?
  11. How to get a job in abroad after passing 12th in non medical?
  12. Marks required in B.Tech to study MS in Abroad?
  13. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA, Canada or Australia for Diploma in CSE student?
  14. How can I study MS in Abroad with scholarship being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  15. Which exam to attend to study abroad after completing Diploma in Computer Science?
  16. How should I study abroad? I am a 2nd year ECE student
  17. Chances to study Master's degree in Abroad for BDS student? List of Universities offering admission in Abroad?
  18. What is the procedure to study MS abroad? I am interested in doing MS in abroad -- [Most Discussed]
2nd April 2015, 05:03 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier if having a year back in B.Tech to study MS in Abroad?

Yes, loss of one year during the academic year of B.Tech, may affect your chances of getting admission in a good university in Aboard. But, you will have chance to get admission, if you can convince the admission officer by specifying any valid reason for your low IA averages. You can specify a valid reason in your "Statement of Purpose", which you will send to the university, while applying for admission. If the admission officer convinces with your reason, then he will definitely offer admission for you.
3rd April 2015, 12:55 AM
bichapoda

Default Re: Is it a barrier if having a year back in B.Tech to study MS in Abroad?

No, not actually. Because compared to B.Tech all over the world India is a bit Toughest . And most of the Universities will give an Admit based on your GRE and IELTS Entrance exams where as your Academic will be Secondary.

So as you already have problem with your Academic profile you need to work hard and get a very good score in IELTS and GRE.

If you get a very good score then the Universities will give you an admit as you satisfied there criteria by clearing the Entrance exams with Good Score.

You may gave problem while attending your Visa interview. So be prepared to give reason which not silly and also see that the Visa Officer is Convinced with your Answers.
3rd April 2015, 02:28 PM
DineshKumar_01

Yes, definitely the loss of one year in your academic studies affects your chance of getting admission in the university in abroad.

But the only one chance is there you can convince the admission officer by telling a valid reason. You can send your Statement of purpose letter to the Admission office of the selected university.

If they are satisfied about your reason they can offer an admission in their university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?