3rd January 2022, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for admission in Canada with 6.5 band in IELTS?

Hello Sir/Mam, I have got 6.5 band overall, so can I apply for Canada? If yes then please tell me which University can I apply for?
Please reply as soon as possible. It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon. Thank you!

4th January 2022, 11:37 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for admission in Canada with 6.5 band in IELTS?

For post graduate degree, one should have scored atleast 6 band in IELTS.
In each section, they must have scored atleast 6 or more along with an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or above.

They also take into account the extra curricular activities .
And the admission should be based on long term planning not rather just the IELTS score.
4th January 2022, 12:19 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for admission in Canada with 6.5 band in IELTS?

To apply for admision in Canada, you must have a minimum of 5.5 in each of the IELTS bands and an overall score of 6.0 in IELTS. The IELTS requirements for Canadian universities vary for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

The minimum IELTS requirement for Canada after 12th is a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four sections with an aggregate band score of 6.0 for undergraduate courses in Canada after 12th.

For postgraduate courses, the minimum IELTS score for Canada is atleast 6 in all four sections and a minimum total of 6.5 bands as the combined.

As you have secured 6.5 overall, you can easily apply for Admission in Canada.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?