19th May 2021, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I practice in India having done Mbbs from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa?

I have completed my mbbs from a mci recognized college in Mauritius. I plan to do my internship and pg from south africa. Will I be able to practice in India if I plan to return and what would be the procedure...will I have to give any screening after pg also?

20th May 2021, 11:13 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I practice in India having done Mbbs from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa?

Yes, You can practice in India if you have done Mbbs from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa.

Candidate must have completed MBBS in MCI recognized University to be eligible to practice in India.

Candidate must also have completed 1 year internship program in any recognized hospital .
23rd May 2021, 05:17 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I practice in India having done Mbbs from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa?

Yes, you can practice in India having done MBBS from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa.

But the candidate need to pass the in India having done Mbbs from MCI recognized college in Mauritius and internship from South Africa.
Clearing FMGE test is mandatory for all doctors who have earned their MBBS degree from a foreign country.
23rd May 2021, 05:22 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes you need to get a licence first.

In order to get a licence to practice in India, they are required to qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?