12th January 2014, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Which countries are best for Post Graduation? How to apply and prepare for them?

Im doing internee in govtcollege in southindia....i wnt to do my postgraduation in abroad.......i want to know which countries r best....steps for how to apply and prepare.......

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a collector after passing 12th? Which degree should I take? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to apply for manager post in bank? I have completed graduation this year
  3. Am I eligible for drug inspector after passing MSc in chemistry(organic chemistry)?
  4. How to apply for PO on the basis of Post Graduation? I have scored 53% in graduation
  5. Can I get into Aerospace Engineering after passing B.Tech Electrical?
  6. How to do higher studies in abroad after B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering?
  7. Which subjects can I prepare for Civil services after completion of Post Graduation being a candidate of Home Science?
  8. Can I do any geography oriented degree in future?
  9. Can I write PSC Exam and join as Sub Inspector in Kerala being a candidate pursuing PG course?
  10. Books to prepare for PO Exams having completed Post Graduation in Bio-informatics?
  11. AM I eligible for RTO examination? I have less than 60% marks in 12th and currently pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) course with mechanical stream from Amravati University
  12. Universities in Gulf countries offering PG course in Medical studies?
  13. Am I eligible for B.Ed and TET after doing B.Com with 49.33%
  14. Last date of examination of NET SET exam? I have completed M.Com from Pune University
  15. Which course should I choose after B.Tech in abroad between MS and M.Tech? From where to get the study material?
  16. Which is the best country to do PG course in MBBS? Which are the exams to be answered? How much is the fee structure?
  17. What is the scope for Post Graduation course in Embedded Systems?
  18. Can I pursue PG in gulf countries? I have done my MBBS in India
14th January 2014, 12:22 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which countries are best for Post Graduation? How to apply and prepare for them?

Various countries are good for post graduation. It depends on the discipline of your study. You should have mentioned your discipline of study in which you are pursuing graduation, then it would have been easier to provide you the details as per the stream of your study. The best universities in the world where you should try to get selected for the post graduation course are as follows :-
1. University of Cambridge
2. Harvard University
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
4. Yale University
5. University of Oxford
6. Imperial College London
7. UCL (University College London)
8. University of Chicago
9. University of Pennsylvania (UPenn)
10. Columbia University
11. Stanford University
12. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
13. Princeton University
14. University of Michigan
15. Cornell University
16. Johns Hopkins University
17. McGill University
18. ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
19. Duke University
20. University of Edinburgh
21. University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
22. University of Hong Kong (HKU)
23. University of Toronto
24. Northwestern University
25. The University of Tokyo

In order to apply, you have to follow the below steps :-

- First of all fill the online application form available in the university's website.
- If online application is not available, then download the form, fill it up and send it to the concerned university.
- Appear for GRE and TOEFL exam and get good scores.
- Send the scores to the concerned universities.
- If you get selected, the university will inform you and you need to apply for VISA for that country.

There are various institutes who give coaching on for GRE and TOEFL. Coaching institutes like Career Launcher, Time give coaching.

The documents which you need to give while applying are as follows :-
-DD/Bank check for Application fee (If you have not paid the application fee online)
-Recommendation letters (from 3 lectures) - one letter from each lecturer.
-GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS Score Xerox.
-Bachelors Degree certificate (If available)
-SSC/10th or Equivalent Certificate
-12th/ intermediate or Equivalent certificates
-SOP (Statement of Purpose)
-Bank statement
-Affidavit
-Study certificate or Job experience certificate
-Photo Copies of first and last pages of your passport
-Copies and proofs of all your other activities
14th January 2014, 09:35 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which countries are best for Post Graduation? How to apply and prepare for them?

You must first get the universities that you want to join . So soon after you have to short listed the universities , try to fill up the form now .
Be careful while filling because they are very very complicated and lengthy application forms.

Try to start writing your statements of Purpose , Preparing your resume , and Obtaining letter of recommendation from your professors in college .

And having the assistance of experts with keen eye for all the issues that affect the chances admission , and resolving such issues . Of course Pre-final year candidates are highly recommended to start building up their profile as US MS applications warrant .

But unfortunately Indian students have to work on their profile at least from the year before they have to send their applications .
Some times they should be advised from experts on what how on which projects / profile development work will be best for them, Of course to you .
As per my knowledge UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is the best one for study in abroad. So for that you will need to Attend for the GRE exam

Remember one thing , the earlier the GRE is taken , the better it is . So you can start preparing the moment you plan to join a graduate school .
You can spread out the load of the Application process by booking dates for ETS exams ( GRE , TOFEL ) in “” JANUARY “” .

You could take the GRE subject test in October / November of your 2nd or 3rd year of College . Then you may apply for the higher studies by online .
You can then choose the which graduate school is one for you , after that you can now put it all together .
14th January 2014, 09:47 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

It is difficult to answer your query as you have not mentioned the stream in which you are studying. Anyway i am giving you answer on the basis of general studies. According to me the Best place to study post graduation in the world is New Zealand. This country offers the best in class education degrees and also world class placements assistance.

Education is based on the prestigious British system. Generally, their universities offer small class sizes for personalised & top quality courses. In addition to that it has scenic beautiful places to visit there where you will enjoy a lot there. The universities there accept GRE & TOEFL / IELTS score for that you have to appear GRE and get a valid and qualifying score for the country’s university where you want to study.

For applying to these tests visit the website addressed below:-

1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) www.ets.org/toefl
2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) IELTS - International English Language Testing System| Home
3. Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) GRE - ETS

Also you need to have a valid Passport. and if you qualify any of these exams i.e. minimum score required by that university in which you want to study, dont forget to apply for VISA to that country in consultation with the university admission board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?