17th January 2014, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad?

Respected sir/madam,
Currently i am studing in diploma in mechanical eng..And i have plenty of doubt. first in vellore institute of technology i can able to study through direct 2nd year for B Tech
in mehanical eng.& for that even i also should write entrance exam for joining on that college.Secondly,i also have intreasted to study in abroad (but what problem is i am a diploma student) in abroad whether i can able to study through direct 2nd year OR i have join by first year.
Thanking you.

20th January 2014, 09:54 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad?

It is really nice to see that you are aspiring for higher studies and also have a goal to give your educational qualification the ultimate touch by pursuing studies abroad. You can definitely pursue your B.Tech course in VIT University, Vellore and that too by getting admission directly in the second year of engineering course through lateral entry scheme. For this, you need to appear for the lateral entry test conducted by the VIT University and secure good rank.

After completion of your B.Tech course, you can definitely pursue studies abroad. You can pursue MS degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering abroad after your B.Tech course. For this , you need to appear for two entrance exams based on which most of the universities abroad take admission. The entrance exams are :-

- GRE
- TOEFL or IELTS
19th March 2014, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad?

dear sir/madam ;
i finish my diploma in ece can i join in lateral entry in vit for B TECH sir
i like to join in vit very much sir pls kidly requst to join me
18th November 2014, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am diploma student i want to study betch in abroad. Can i get admission in direct 2nd year of b tech??
27th December 2014, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

sir,i hv qualified 2sc then do lateral entry to diploma for 2yrs in c.s.e in odisha gvmnt clg then i want to do 3yrs b.tech in vit.can it possible?
18th November 2015, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/Mam,
Myself Bapi Saradar from Kolkata.
I will pass diploma in 2016 in the discipline of ECE trade ,I want to admission b.tec degree in VIT,
How it can possible or not????????
Please reply Sir/Mam.
18th January 2016, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Am currently studying dioloma final year...i like to join vit university b.tech...pls join me
6th June 2016, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

I am a Diploma 2nd Year Student In Electronics and Telecommunication! I just want to know If I Can Get Admission At VIT for direct 2nd Year?
22nd September 2016, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I am a Diploma 2nd Year Student In Mechanical ! I just want to know If I Can Get Admission At VIT for direct 2nd Year?
23rd November 2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

What application has to apply for the direct lateral entry for the vit college
19th April 2017, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Is there five year integrated mtech program for lateral entry diploma students?
23rd May 2017, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Which colleges offer dual degree (btech and mba) for lateral entry students??
6th December 2017, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam, My question is I completed BE civil engineering degree in GIT college (Anna university) but what are the courses /higher degree I can do from vit college and what's procedure to get join in college
23rd February 2018, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ madam, This is rohit sahni here. I want to ask that is there a lateral entry in VIT. I have a cgpa of 9.13 and i want to take admission in EE in second year b.tech. Can i get admission in VIT. What is the procedure for lateral entry and when the entrance exam are held
7th December 2018, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Do we have the facility of joining in 2 nd year B.Tech after Diploma in VIT AP, for computer science?
15th October 2019, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Dear Madam / Sir I have completed diploma in civil engineering how to join B.Tech lateral entry VIT University in vellore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?