20th January 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack GRE? Guidelines for preparation?

Hi
Please help me how to study for GRE.
I`m doing my 2nd year B.Tech ECE
and my percent in 12th was 95.6%
Give me some guidance how to go about ?

21st January 2015, 12:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack GRE? Guidelines for preparation?

Tips for preparation of GRE :-

- Before preparation, keep in mind that you cannot neglect your mainstream study which is B.Tech since the career record of a candidate is evaluated during selection process for admission of students in foreign universities.
- It is better to join coaching institutes especially the top ones like Career Launcher, TIME, etc. since the examination pattern and syllabus is different and it is difficult to prepare through self study. Moreover, they will provide effective study materials.
- Apart from that, you can refer various GRE books available in the market and solve the previous years papers and sample papers once you have covered the entire syllabus.
- Since you are in the second year, so you have ample time. Start from the basics, go through the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Keep revision time daily wherein you can revise the previous read stuffs.
- Practice problems from various sources, you can even find various problems online.
- Lastly be confident, do not panic and believe in your hard work and have patience and aim to deliver the best.

21st January 2015, 03:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack GRE? Guidelines for preparation?

You can easily clear the GRE exam, if you are good at Mathematics and English, because this exam is entirely based on 7th to 10th standard mathematics and General English. Try to concentrate more on mathematics, so that you can score good marks. Mathematical questions are based on
1. Algebra
2. Geometry
3. Data Interpretation
4. Arithmetic
And to more marks in English section, you have improve your Vocabulary in English language. You can do so, by learning different words and their synonyms. Try to visit the following link to improve your vocabulary.
https://gre.magoosh.com/flashcards/vocabulary/decks

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?