28th August 2021, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

I have a total of 11 backlogs(cleared). Am I eligible for Masters in Germany?

I am currently pursuing BE 4th year having no backlogs.But I was having a total of 11 which are already cleared. So is it possible to apply for Masters or any other degrees in Germany?

31st August 2021, 04:24 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have a total of 11 backlogs(cleared). Am I eligible for Masters in Germany?

Backlogs are the examinations that you attempted and failed or examinations that you could not take. Different countries have their own ways of counting backlogs and Germany is a country that is very strict when it comes to backlogs. Most top universities do not accept students with any backlogs in their undergraduate program whereas some universities allow students with up to 5 backlogs which you can check before applying. In Germany, a number of attempts consider judging the dedication of students towards education.
31st August 2021, 09:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have a total of 11 backlogs(cleared). Am I eligible for Masters in Germany?

In Germany acads are taken really seriously while providing admits.

So your backlogs will put an impact on decisions.

But if you have done some great projects, publications, trainings etc that can compensate your gpa then you can expect an admit.
31st August 2021, 09:34 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

If you have cleared all the backlogs that you had then you are eligible for Masters in Germany but if you have not cleared backlogs then you are not eligible.

Other requirements:

1. IELTS exam.

2. Letter of recommendation.

3. Personal statement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?