24th February 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to write TOEFL along with GRE for doing Master's in US?

Hello,
Im planning to do master's in US , is it necessary to write TOEFL along with GRE or can i wrte GRE and IELTS?

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  2. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  3. How can I apply for masters in Germany
  4. Is it necessary to write TOEFL along with GRE for doing Master's in US? -- [New]
  5. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad?
  6. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best universities?
  7. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL for a candidate secured 90%, 92% and 58% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  8. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  9. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best university?
  11. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  12. Is it necessary to write GRE and TOEFL for MS in USA?
  13. How to do MS in US? Which are the top universities for MS in Networking?
  14. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  15. Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?
  16. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  17. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  18. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
24th February 2015, 03:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to write TOEFL along with GRE for doing Master's in US?

No, it is mandatory to write TOEFL exam along with GRE, you can appear for IELTS exam, if you are not interested to write TOEFL exam. Candidates can appear for any one exam between TOEFL and IELTS. Most of the US universities accepts any of these scores. So, you can choose IELTS exam along with GRE.
24th February 2015, 09:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to write TOEFL along with GRE for doing Master's in US?

To do MS in US, you need to appear in both GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examinations. Whether to appear in TOEFL/IELTS examinations depends upon your interest. But, it is mandatory to appear in any one English Language Proficiency Test whether in TOEFL or IELTS examination. If you are interested to appear in IELTS examination, then, you can appear in both GRE and IELTS examination and you can get admission in MS course in US universities.
4th April 2015, 11:56 PM
bichapoda

Its not Mandatory that you need to Write only TOEFL. You have an option of writing either TOEFL or IELTS.

TOEFL and IELTS both are the English Proficiency Exams which are one among the Entrance exams you need to clear to be eligible to apply for universities in US.

Now a days almost all the Universities are asking for IELTS Score as its been Accepted by around 6000+ Universities all over the World.

So Plan Accordingly and apply for GRE and IELTS exam rather than apply for TOEFL and GRE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?