11th November 2022, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Which one to choose between MSc Oxford (part time) or PGP from ISB (full time)

I am confused between doing PGP from ISB or MSc from Oxford. I completely understand how absurd the question sounds. But I'm confused as MSc from Oxford is part-time.

I am a national level athlete currently a consultant to central government for information systems security. I have CISSP, CISM, CISA and SSCP certification. I am working towards CISSP-ISSAP and CRISC certifications. I have total of 8 years of full time work experience post graduation in commerce in 2007.

I am unsure of how much career boost each degree will give me and at 28 I have only time to do one of them. PGP-ISB is one year while MSc Oxford is 2 years.

So, with that information if anyone can guide me on which course will be more beneficial. I am worried that MSc will hold lesser value since it is part time. I have inquired with Oxford and there's no full time version of that degree.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Parth

PS, I' unable to post links to the course since my post count is below 5 and I'm also unable to attach the links due to attachment system error. I would kindly ask you to search for MSc in systems security from oxford and for ISB - PGP ISP to get more details on the program.

30th April 2023, 09:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to choose between MSc Oxford (part time) or PGP from ISB (full time)

You can choose MSc Oxford (full time ) as it will be a better option and experience for your future that PSP ( full Time) and you skills and your results are far better so, there is high chances of selected and you need to clear the eligibility and exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?