14th May 2023, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam if having done Diploma and Post Diploma courses after 10+2?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have completed my 10+2 after that I have completed 3 years diploma & 1&half year post diploma in textile technology from Indian Institute of Handloom & Textile Technology Jodhpur. My query is that am I eligibile for give the I.A.S exam or i will have to do bechlor degree for I.A.S exam
Thanks & Regards

Shivam

15th May 2023, 11:35 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam if having done Diploma and Post Diploma courses after 10+2?

You will have to pursue bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university to become eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree. The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 04:17 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam if having done Diploma and Post Diploma courses after 10+2?

Am I eligible for IAS exam if having done Diploma and Post Diploma courses after 10+2?

The UPSC eligibility for the exam is that the applicants must have a graduate degree from a recognized university and must be within the UPSC age limit. The age limit for UPSC for the general category is 32 years, for OBC the IAS age limit is 35 while the SC /ST candidates must be less than 37 years of age.
15th May 2023, 04:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in all three stages become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer but after pursuing and completing the bachelor degree course.

The age limit qualification is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

To get more information about the syllabus and examination pattern about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 05:04 PM
Msdhoni02

1. Nationality, You must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.

2. Age Limit: For the General category, the minimum age is 21 years, and the maximum age is 32 years.

3. Educational Qualification: You should hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. There are no specific restrictions on the field of study.
15th May 2023, 05:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination (popularly known as IAS, IPS Or UPSC examination), the minimum education required is a graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, on the basis of diploma or post diploma courses which are not equivalent to a bachelor degree course, you won't be eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination unless you go for a Bachelor degree course.

For complete details regarding the Civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 06:28 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, Diploma holders are not eligible for UPSC CSE as most of the Diploma courses are three years courses which are not accepted by civil service . The degree equivalent to xii is recognized by civil service hence 10+2 or equivalent degree is eligible for UPSC CSE.
15th May 2023, 06:34 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

No, you are not eligible for IAS exam having done Diploma and Post Diploma courses after 12th.

For IAS exam, candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Languages for this course is Hindi Or English.
15th May 2023, 08:36 PM
Shantanubose22

Diploma holders are not eligible for UPSC CSE as most of the Diploma courses are three years courses which are not accepted by civil service .

The degree equivalent to 10+2 is recognized by civil service hence 10+2 or equivalent degree is eligible for UPSC CSE.
15th May 2023, 11:09 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination (often known as IAS or UPSC examination) is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So, even after completion of 3 year diploma course pursued after 10+2 you will not be eligible for appearing in the IAS examination unless you go for a graduation degree course as diploma course is not considered equivalent to a graduation degree course.

For complete information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?