25th August 2016, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course?

I am dasharath studying diploma 2nd year igot 85%in 10 th class unfortunately joined diploma to get early job but life dream is to do iit is it possible to do iit after 3years diploma or can i join intermediate ?please help me sir my life is spoiling reply please ...........sir.i

27th August 2016, 05:07 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course?

Yes, definitely you can join IIT through the JEE because the eligibility criteria of JEE is 10+2 or any equivalent exam and yes, thi term 'equivalent exam' includes the 3 years diploma after 10th.

You can write JEE and if you clear it, you will definitely be given the admission in the IIT.
27th August 2016, 08:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology which are the best engineering colleges of India funded by Central Government.

For admission in the same you will have to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

Being a diploma degree holder ( if your diploma is in engineering stream ) you are eligible for appearing in JEE on the basis of your educational requirement but not for admissions in IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. as for admission in these percentile score of board examination is considered which is not available in the case of diploma degree holders.

So in order to get admission in IIT, you first clear your regular higher secondary school degree and then look to qualify both stages of JEE.

For further details about JEE you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th August 2016, 09:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are eligible to get admission in IIT in undergraduate course only after qualifying in JEE.

So, you have to pursue intermediate to get admission in IIT. JEE is conducted by CBSE and IIT in two stage as Main and Advanced stage.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper. So, you are not eligible to make it to IIT without intermediate or 10+2.
28th August 2016, 01:20 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates passed diploma are not eligible to appear for Joint Entrance Examination. So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, with diploma degree you are not eligible to get admission to IIT. As there is importance of aggregate in 10+2 in both JEE Main and in Advanced.
3rd September 2016, 04:49 PM
Prt_91

No, you are not eligible for IIT. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
The candidates must passed 10+2 from recognized board with PCM(physcis, chemistry and maths)
So if you want to get IIT then first you have done 10+2 from recognized board and study hard to make your dream fulfill.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?