21st May 2022, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer after Diploma engineering?

I have myopia of right eye -2.5 and left eye -3.
Now I'm doing diploma in Civil engineering. Is this diploma eligible to write UPSC?

24th May 2022, 12:39 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after Diploma engineering?

No. After Diploma in engineering, you can not become an IPS officer. After completing the Diploma course, you can do a graduation course like B.A in history or B.A in political science etc. After completing your graduation degree you are eligible to apply for the IPS exam. For this, you have to clear the entrance exam.
24th May 2022, 07:10 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

After just diploma, you are not eligible for IPS exam as the minimum qualification required for this exam is Graduation from a recognized university.So you need to complete your graduation degree from a recognized university to appear for this exam.
25th May 2022, 10:48 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become an Indian Police Service (IPS) you need to apply for the UPSC CSE examination and crack the preliminary, main, and interview questions to get selected for the training. The educational qualification required to apply for this post is a candidate must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university. The candidate's minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 32 years as of 1st August in the year of examination. The physical criteria for the eligibility of the IPS officer are as given below.

Minimum Height Men - 165 cm and Women - 150 cm
Minimum Chest Girth - Men - 84cm and Women - 79cm
Myopia (Including Cylinder ) should not exceed minus 4.00D
Hyper myopia (Including Cylinder ) should not exceed plus 4.00D
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?