30th June 2021, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI?

Can I do btech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI. And what are the opportunities after completing draughtsman civil in ITI and I have failed in inter That's why I took admission in iti, is it is best to study ITI course (draughtsman civil).

Please help me out iam souch confused of it......

1st July 2021, 04:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI?

°°° No, it is not possible for an ITI student to pursue B. Tech in Architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI course.
Firstly, you have to take admission in diploma course of architecture and it is possible for you to take admission directly in 2nd year of of diploma course through lateral entry scheme.
After completion of diploma in Architecture course you will be eligible to take admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech in Architecture course.
You can appear in polytechnic entrance examination that is conducted by the board of state.
3rd July 2021, 12:52 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI?

Yes, You can pursue B.Tech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI.

ITI is equivalent to 10+2 qualification.

Those who have completed 10+2 from recognized university or board are totally eligible to pursue BTech.

If you want to pursue Bachelor degree in Architecture than you are totally eligible to go for BArch degree course.

You can get admission through JEE examination.
3rd July 2021, 05:13 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for ITI course because minimum qualification to apply for ITI course is 10th or 12th in any stream.

Definitely, you can do BTech in architecture after doing draughtsman civil in ITI, but the path is bit tedious, you will have to do diploma in Engineering and then Bachelor in Engineering/Technology.

Its like this ITI is of 2 year duration.

After ITI - You get a direct admission to second year diploma and it is 2 years duration.

After Diploma - You get a direct admission to second year engineering and it is 3 years duration.
3rd July 2021, 06:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute which can be done after 10th or after 12th in any stream.

If you are interested go for higher study, then you can go for diploma as a lateral entry scheme.
In lateral entry scheme candidate can directly promoted to 2nd year.

Opportunities after completing diploma in Draughtsman in Civil Engineering:-

Draughtsman
Surveyor
Architecture Assistant
Structural Draughtsman
Construction Supervisor

Government job after completing this course:-

Indian Railway
Indian Oil
National Highway
Airport Authority of India
Defence
Electricity Department
PWD
Housing Board etc.
7th July 2021, 08:27 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

BTech in Architecture is a 4 year undergraduate course that deals with engineering-oriented planning, designing, and construction of residential and other buildings. Draughtsman Civil is a working art vocational trade with 2 year duration course that is a study of sketches, references, and specifications skills to translate ideas and into detailed technical drawings showing plans.

ITI is an Industrial Training Institute which provides short training courses in order to do BTech you need to do a diploma course in engineering in the stream of your choice. After completing your diploma course you are eligible to appear for JEE Main. The job opportunities after completing your Draughtsman Civil course are you can have jobs related to drawing patterns about things of art like historical or fine arts. Some of the job types are given below.

Architectural Assistant
Structural Draughtsman
Draughtsman Piping
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?