7th June 2022, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PGDM after diploma in mechanical engineering?

I have done diploma in mechanical engineering from NIMT NOIDA so can I be applicable to do pgdm now

8th June 2022, 11:33 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PGDM after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you can definitely pursue PGDM course after completion of diploma course in the field of mechanical engineering.
Since you have completed diploma course in the field of mechanical engineering, so you are eligible for post graduate diploma in mechanical engineering or automobile engineering.
8th June 2022, 01:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management and this course is of a duration of two years and this course is offered by many colleges.

Eligibility Criteria:-
The candidate who wish to join in the course should have completed 3 years diploma or a degree from a recognised University.

Apart from this the candidate need to write the entrance exams for joining in this course.

The entrance exams which you can opt are:-
CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA.
And the thing to be noted is that for applying for these exams you would need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for those exams.
You could choose the college with the marks which you get in your entrance exams.
8th June 2022, 02:45 PM
periwinkle09876

No, you cannot pursue PGDM after diploma in mechanical engineering because PGDM is post graduate diploma course can be pursued only after pursuing graduation therefore, you have to pursue your graduation after completing diploma and then only you will be eligible to pursue PGDM course.
8th June 2022, 08:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PGDM refers to Post Graduate Diploma in Management and it is somewhat course equivalent to MBA (Master of Business Administration) for which the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having just completed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree course you are not eligible for pursuing PGDM course as Diploma in Engineering course is not equivalent to a bachelor degree course.

Therefore, in case you are interested in pursuing PGDM course you will be required to first go for a bachelor degree course and then look to pursue PGDM course.
8th June 2022, 08:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not pursue PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering) degree course directly after pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree course as the minimum education required to pursue PGDM course is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree course is not equivalent to bachelor degree course.

So, you can pursue PGDM course if you go for a bachelor degree course after your diploma in mechanical engineering degree course.
10th June 2022, 07:39 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study a PGDM course after Diploma in mechanical engineering. It is a sustainable choice for candidates who want to enter the field of management and secure a top job with some of the best companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?