10th January 2023, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission into lateral entry to IITS after diploma?

I am first semester mechanical engineering diploma, can i get admission to second year btech in in any iits through lateral entry?

15th January 2023, 10:43 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission into lateral entry to IITS after diploma?

No, you cannot get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IITs through lateral entry.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in IITs after qualifying in both stages of JEE. So, only after qualifying in both stages of the examination and only in first year of the course.
15th January 2023, 06:25 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, lateral entry option to get admission in IITs ( Indian Institute of Technology ).

Only candidates who have passed Joint Entrance Examination conducted in two stages ( Main and Advanced ) are eligible for admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
15th January 2023, 06:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You, cannot get admission in IITs through lateral entry in the 2nd year of the course.

So, to get the admission in IIT, you will have to appear and qualify in JEE. JEE is conducted in two stages. Through JEE candidates are eligible to get admission in IIT in first year of B.Tech course.
15th January 2023, 07:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry after diploma course but not eligible to admission in IIT.

In, IITs admission is offered in B.Tech course only through JEE. So, you are not eligible for admission in IIT through lateral entry.
15th January 2023, 10:01 PM
Shantanubose22

No, you can't do that. The Indian Institutes of Technology do not offer admission in Bachelor of engineering courses through lateral entry.

>> There is no provision for admission to diploma holders in IITs wherein they could be able to get direct entry into the second year of the 4 year degree programme.
16th January 2023, 05:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in any IITs through lateral entry.

Admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry is not offered in IIT. Admission in B.tech course in IIT is conducted after qualifying in JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?