3rd June 2015, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Arch in IIT if completed Diploma in Architecture? Entrance exam to get admission?

Hello,
I have completed my Diploma in Architecture in this year.
I want to study B.Arch in IIT. Can you tell me that
I can do B.Arch in IIT? What is the entrance
exam there for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges offering diploma in Architecture in Ahmedabad? What is the procedure of selection? Is there any weightage given to diploma holders?
  2. Entrance exams to study Architecture Diploma course in Maharashtra?
  3. Procedure to do correspondence in B.Arch after doing diploma in Architecture? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join B.Arch in Architecture after passing diploma in Architecture Assistantship?
  5. Admission procedure to study B.Arch in IIT-Roorkee for Architecture Diploma student?
  6. Can I study M.Arch after completing Post Diploma in Town Planning & Architecture course?
  7. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Architecture if completed 10th? Benefits of study Diploma in Architecture?
  8. How to take admission in IIT after completing diploma? I am a student of Architecture
  9. List of entrance exams to study B.Arch for Architecture Diploma final year student?
  10. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Architecture course if completed 10th about 6 years ago? Fee structure of Architecture Diploma course? -- [New]
  11. Should I have to appear in NATA to study Diploma in Architecture after completed 10th? Requirements to get admission?
  12. Can I get admission in diploma in Architecture programme after completing 10th standard? Scope and colleges for diploma in Architecture course? Chances to study higher education after diploma?
  13. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  14. In which college can I get after scoring 259.6 B.Arch rank?
  15. Procedure to get admission in Architecture Diploma course?
  16. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  17. Detailed procedure about admission in Diploma in Architecture for ITI Civil Draughtsman?
  18. Details and procedure to apply for Diploma in Architecture?
8th June 2015, 08:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Arch in IIT if completed Diploma in Architecture? Entrance exam to get admission?

No, you are not eligible to study B.Arch course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Architecture course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and those who have qualified JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in B.Arch in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Arch course in IIT.
9th June 2015, 07:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Arch in IIT if completed Diploma in Architecture? Entrance exam to get admission?

No, you are not eligible to study B.Arch course in IIT, because to pursue Engineering course in IIT's, candidate should have qualified JEE main and Advanced exams. But, as a diploma student, you cannot appear for JEE main and Advanced exams, because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with physics, mathematics and chemistry subjects are only eligible to appear for these exams. So, you cannot get admission in IIT institutes.
20th October 2016, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I joined b.arch in NIT after compleating deploma in architecture(plytechnic)
28th July 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my diploma in architecture. Can i write jee for joining into iit and nit b.arch
31st July 2017, 05:26 PM
garimakaushik

Candidates who have passed 12th class or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 (not before 2015) are eligible to apply for this exam. You can check the official website for more details regarding your diploma course acceptance.
4th August 2017, 10:10 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my Diploma in Architecture in this year.
I want to study B.Arch in IIT. Can you tell me that
I can do B.Arch in IIT? What is the entrance
exam there for admission?
Candidates as you have done polytechnic diploma then there are two ways for you to get admission in B.TECH and these two ways are as follows:-

1). Lateral Entry Scheme.

2). JEE Exam.

1). Lateral Entry :- Candidate after diploma lateral entry scheme to get admission is the better option for you because there are reserved seats in every college for lateral entry students. Candidate have to attend state level counselling to choose desired college. Through lateral entry candidate directly get admission to second year.

2). JEE Exam:- Candidate after diploma can apply for JEE exam to get admission in IIT’s and NIT’s. Candidate through JEE exam candidate will be able to take admission in first year of B.TECH in IIT and NIT colleges but there is no lateral entry scheme through JEE exam.

>> Candidate according to my opinion first you have to try to take admission through lateral entry scheme because through this entry scheme you save your whole year. Through lateral entry you also choose best colleges in your state.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?