12th May 2019, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hi everyone, I am a student of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. After completing my this Diploma Engineering course I want to do BTech but in Electrical Engineering. So, I am eligible to study Electrical Engineering in BTech? I want to know about this.

16th May 2019, 03:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

No, you can’t study B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Science stream or Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognised board. So, being a Diploma in Civil Engineering holder, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course, but not B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) course.

17th May 2019, 12:13 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I am a student of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. After completing my this Diploma Engineering course I want to do BTech but in Electrical Engineering. So, I am eligible to study Electrical Engineering in BTech? I want to know about this.

Usually, students who have passed Diploma in Civil Engineering are admitted to the BTech / BE (Civil Engineering) course. They are admitted to the 2nd year of the BE/BTech course through lateral entry admission. You can join BTech (Electrical Engineering) course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering in some colleges. You are admitted to the BTech (Electrical Engineering) course through an entrance examination. Some of the colleges offering BTech (Electrical Engineering) for Diploma Civil Engineering students are given below:

LPU - Official Website

Manipal University - Official Website

DIT University - Official Website

Manav Rachna University - Official Website

17th May 2019, 09:36 PM
Incredible Chinnu

Yes you can study B Tech in Electrical Engineering after completion Diploma in Civil Engineering. The reason being any candidate who have completed Diploma in any discipline can apply for B Tech Electrical Engineering.

Eligibility to apply for B Tech in Electrical Engineering :

>> You should have completed 10+2 from the recognized university or Diploma with 3 year full time with minimum 60% of marks.

>> You should give entrance exam being a diploma holder .

>> Entrance exam will be based on different states.

>> And you must score good rank to get admission in Top colleges which offers Diploma in Civil Engieering.

Top Colleges offers Diploma in Civil Engineering :

<> Dev Bhoomi Institute of Polytechnic

<> Wisdom School of Management

<> Ganga Group of Institutions.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?