13th April 2023, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Is CET exam or any entrance exam is Compulsory to join btech?

Hi Friends, I completed my Diploma in Computer Science in the year 2002 . I could not continue my studies or job because of my marriage. Now i am planning to do Btech in Computer Science, But i have a 12 years idle gap, don't have any subject touch.

So please guide me
1) can i able to do this course .
2) How many subject & paper it contains.
3) Course structure of BTech Computer Science
4) Is CET exam or any entrance exam is compulsory to join Btech ? ( i completed my Diploma in Computer Science)?

Thanks

15th April 2023, 12:27 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is CET exam or any entrance exam is Compulsory to join btech?

The requirement for an entrance exam to join a B.Tech program does not depend on the number of years of gap in your education. Rather, it depends on the policies and admission requirements of the specific university or college you are interested in attending.

Some universities or colleges may require applicants to take an entrance exam, such as the Common Entrance Test (CET), regardless of their educational background or the number of years of gap in their education. Other universities or colleges may have different admission criteria, such as considering the candidate's past academic performance or work experience.

It's important to research the admission requirements of the universities or colleges you are considering to determine if they require an entrance exam or if they have any specific policies regarding the number of years of gap in education. This will help you prepare your application accordingly.
15th April 2023, 02:27 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Eligibility Criteria for BTech:-

The basic eligibility requirement for admissions to any BTech programme is:

Candidates must have passed the class 12 exam from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects.

They must also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined.

Most admissions are done based on the student's performance in the entrance examination.

The regular mode of entry to BTech course is through entrance examination after Class 12th.

B Tech entrance exams:-

1- JEE Main

2- JEE Advanced

3- AP EAMCET

4- TS EAMCET
15th April 2023, 11:58 AM
Dudu...

Thumbs up Re: Is CET exam or any entrance exam is Compulsory to join btech?

In India, admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programs is mainly done through entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, etc. However, some states also conduct their own Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to B.Tech programs in colleges or universities within their state.

So, if you wish to join a B.Tech program in a reputed college or university in India, it is advisable to appear for one of the above-mentioned entrance exams or the CET of your respective state, if applicable. However, some private colleges or universities may also offer direct admission based on merit or management quota.
15th April 2023, 06:27 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria for BTech is class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. However, there are additional criteria in every entrance exam and institute. Some of the institutes also conduct admission to their courses on merit basis i.e. based on marks scored by candidates in their class 12 board exams.
15th April 2023, 06:58 PM
4700BC

Hi there! Congratulations on deciding to pursue a BTech in Computer Science. Here are some answers to your questions:
  • Yes, you can definitely pursue a BTech in Computer Science even after a long gap. Many universities and colleges offer distance education or part-time courses that cater to students who have taken a break from studies.
  • The number of subjects and papers in a BTech in Computer Science course may vary depending on the university or college. Generally, a BTech in Computer Science is a four-year undergraduate degree program with eight semesters. During this period, you will study various topics related to computer science, including programming languages, algorithms, database management, software engineering, web development, networking, and cybersecurity.
  • Here is a general course structure of BTech Computer Science:
    • First year: Engineering Mathematics, Programming in C, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering Graphics.
    • Second year: Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Microprocessors, Computer Networks, and Software Engineering.
    • Third year: Operating Systems, Theory of Computation, Web Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Distributed Systems.
    • Fourth year: Elective courses, Project Work, and Internship.
  • Yes, most universities require an entrance exam for admission to a BTech in Computer Science program. The Common Entrance Test (CET) is one such exam that is accepted by many colleges and universities. However, since you already have a Diploma in Computer Science, you may be eligible for lateral entry directly into the second year of the BTech program. The eligibility criteria and admission process may vary depending on the university or college, so it's best to check with them directly to confirm.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?