13th April 2023, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam to give for admission after completation of diploma?

I am a student of diploma.I am performing it in electronic and telecommunication field.But I have great attraction towards IIT.hence can I appear for this exam ? and which entrance will I have to give to achieve my aim? or how can I appear for it ? and if I will select then can I get admission to direct 2nd of B.E year or not ?
waiting for your best result....
your faithfully
kashyap mahajan

14th April 2023, 11:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam to give for admission after completation of diploma?

Yes, Diploma in Engineering degree holders are eligible for admission to IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) to pursue B.E./B.Tech. degree course but for that you will be required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main and JEE Advanced.

Also, the admission process to IITs and syllabus for JEE will be same for diploma holders as it is for regular Class 12th passed student.

Further, there is no provision of lateral entry (direct entry to second year) in B.E./B.Tech. course at IITs and therefore even you qualify JEE Advanced, you can get admission in the first year of B.E./B.Tech. degree course.

For complete details regarding JEE Main, you can refer to the link https://jeemain.nta.nic.in while for details regarding JEE Advanced, you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
15th April 2023, 12:19 PM
Dudu...

Default Re: Which entrance exam to give for admission after completation of diploma?

Here are some of the popular entrance exams for admission after completion of a diploma course:

1. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) - Conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into undergraduate engineering programs.

2. Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM) - Conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) for admission into various MSc, joint MSc-PhD, and other postgraduate courses.

3. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) - Conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for admission into postgraduate engineering courses.

4. Common Admission Test (CAT) - Conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission into postgraduate management programs.

5. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - Conducted for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate law programs.
15th April 2023, 05:02 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

S.No Exam

1 Kerala B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Examination [Kerala-LET]
2 Puducherry B.Tech Lateral Entry Test
3 Bihar Lateral Entry Entrance Exam [BCECE-LE]
4 Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam [UKSEE].
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?