2nd April 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an Education Loan in Corporation Bank without guarantor?

I am interested to apply an education loan in Corporation Bank. But I would not be able to provide a guarantor. But my friends told me that guarantor is necessary for applying an education loan. So, I would like to know that I can apply an education loan in this bank without a guarantor?

5th April 2019, 02:23 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an Education Loan in Corporation Bank without guarantor?

Yes, you can apply for an Education Loan in Corporation Bank without guarantor, if the loan amount is up to Rs. 7.5 Lacs. Only co-obligation of parent and there is no security required.
Above Rs. 7.50 Lakh, co- obligation of Parents/ Grand Parent/s ( if parents are not alive) together with tangible collateral security along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of instalments is required.

You can find details on:

https://www.corpbank.com/node/58910#verticalTab5
6th April 2019, 06:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an Education Loan in Corporation Bank without guarantor?

No, the guarantor is required for education loan at any bank. You can't apply for such loans without a co-applicant or guarantor. Just make sure you have someone from your family who is earning a decent income to support your application.

Banks want to secure the amount they lend to you. They just need to have a backup to recover the amount of case of a default.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?