6th December 2010, 05:52 PM
hitsalvi

Can a commerce student join Civil Engineering? Which are the colleges best for me?

I am 12th Pass in commerce can i join civil engineering course? If yes tell me which is which is collage/institute best for me ?

7th December 2010, 01:40 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can a commerce student join Civil Engineering? Which are the colleges best for me?

Sorry but its not possible to do so.

Civil Engineering is a Science degree course

Civil engineering is an engineering course which directly relates to 11th and 12th science basics.

Commerce students not trained for engineering courses

Commerce students are basically trained for courses such as BBA,MBA,Acounting etc. So as a commerce student you are not tought anything of science so naturally you are not eligible for the courses

If you die heartedly want to do civil engineering then there is a way.

1) To opt for private diploma courses
2) To answer SAT,TOEFL and get into foriegn colleges

I guess you can try the above 2 methods

All the best!!!
7th December 2010, 07:11 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student join Civil Engineering? Which are the colleges best for me?

A 12th commerce student can't attend any of the competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET conducted for admission into Engineering colleges.

There are many other streams other than Engineering which you can take up they are BA,B.com,BBA,BBM,Charted accountancy,Aviation sector..etc.

You can again seek for diploma course in civil engineering which is of three years and then go for Civil engineering by attending competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET.

all the best
7th December 2010, 07:26 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

sorry friend but you are not elligible for joining civil engineering. engineering is a degree which is made for science student not commerce. you should have passed your 12th with science branch having maths but your stream is commerce so it would be better for you to try in your own field. you can do courses like-CA, CS, ICW to gain money and reputation. these are really reputed post than engineers. however you can do diploma from private colleges but it will be only wastage of your talent and money.
7th December 2010, 08:26 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
a commerce student join Civil Engineering
Sorry but its not possible to do so.

Civil Engineering is a Science degree course

Civil engineering is an engineering course which directly relates to 11th and 12th science basics.

Commerce students not trained for engineering courses

good luck.
7th December 2010, 04:33 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

I am sorry to say but you can not pursue civil engineering.

For pursuing engineering in any discipline you must pass 10+2 exam with science stream. As you have opted for commerce in 10+2 you are not qualified to do civil engineering.

However, you can opt for diploma courses. But then again you will face problems in your studies.

So, my suggestion is that stop thinking about civil engineering & pursue your career in some other field. There are plenty of degree & diploma courses available to commerce background students like BBA, BCA, BHM, Bcom etc. You can choose any one of them.
7th December 2010, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

you can also try to polytechnic college.. & get a diploma.. though diploma & 2 certificate values the same.... but it trends in different....
7th December 2010, 08:38 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

its impossible to go for civil engineering with commerce in 12th..

for an admission in civil engineering you need the marks of maths, physics and chemistry in your 12th....

with commerce group in 12th you can only go for BA, B.com, LLB, etc...

if its that you want to do civil engineering, you have to go with your 10th marks and go for polytechnic or diploma courses....

there you can learn more the basics of engineering and then when you go for BE it would be easier...

So choose what you want to do...

All the best............
7th December 2010, 08:58 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Can a commerce student join Civil Engineering? Which are the colleges best for me?

no dear engineering course are only for maths science students so you are not eligible for civil engineering but yes if you want to learn civil engineering there are diploma courses are available . as you are comers student CA is better option for you .
30th December 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

after polytechnic can i join Btec.
31st December 2010, 07:39 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

it is not possible to do Civil Engineering for commerce student.

as only science with PCM holder students can do engineering aafter 12th with minimum 55% marks in 12th.

all the best............
28th March 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I have already passed 12th std in commerce. now i want to appear for AIEEE, as per my knowledge one cannot give 12th again in science but i am eligible to give the main subject papers such as PCMB from same state board, and if i do so then i will receive only marksheet of those 4 subjects and not certificate.
will i be eligible for AIEEE on such basis?
9th April 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

can a commerse student do polytechnique????
5th May 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

can a commerce student join marine engineering? which are the colleges best for me?
9th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I have already passed 12th std in commerce. now i want to appear for AIEEE, as per my knowledge one cannot give 12th again in science but i am eligible to give the main subject papers such as PCMB from same state board, and if i do so then i will receive only marksheet of those 4 subjects and not certificate.
will i be eligible for AIEEE on such basis?
5th September 2011, 09:48 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsalvi View Post
I am 12th Pass in commerce can i join civil engineering course? If yes tell me which is which is collage/institute best for me ?
Dear its not possible because because the commerce subjects is entirely different from science subjects .

if you see in science stream , mathematics , physics , chemistry , zoology and computer science this subjects are major subject .in science stream the internal mark based on the practical examination , in commerce there is no practical examination for students .

Please think without study the basic subjects science and mathematics in 12th , how can you apply for engineering course ?

There is no way for engineering course , so don't waste your time in apply engineering course .

After finishing 12th commerce stream you apply for B.com { Bachelor of Commerce } , BBA { Bachelor of Business Administration }, BCA { Bachelor of Computer Application } , CA {Charted Accountant } , ICWA { Cost and Work Accountancy } .

There is good scope for this courses , so choose any one of the course , Definitely you have good career in your life , there is no doubt .
20th October 2011, 06:05 PM
hussainsoni

can i do civil engineering after b arch
9th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm a commerce student...can i do electrical engineering??????
14th November 2011, 07:10 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello Sir,A 12th commerce student can't attend any of the competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET conducted for admission into Engineering colleges.

There are many other streams other than Engineering which you can take up they are BA,B.com,BBA,BBM,Charted accountancy,Aviation sector..etc.

You can again seek for diploma course in civil engineering which is of three years and then go for Civil engineering by attending competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET.
Good luck,
7th January 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi......I have opted commerce with physical education and i am doing my 12th at present....but now i have developed an interest for being a software/computer engineer . . .!!!

So is there any way to do engineering after i complete 12th.....i am planing to do my higher studies in india.....so is there any way to get into engineering after 12th or any support courses that would help to take engineering in the later stage of life....:???
7th January 2012, 09:57 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsalvi View Post
friend,
you can definately get admission in engineering colleges.since you are a commerce graduate hence you cannot take admission in any central colleges like
  • IIT-JEE
  • AIEEE
  • BITS-PILANI
But you can do courses like
  • ICWA
  • CA
  • BBA
14th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I'm a commerce student computer science is my major subject so can i join computer engineering college?And which college is best?
30th December 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Hello...sir/mam
now i m doing polytechnic (electronics)...but marine is my majer dream...so can i join marine after polytechnic....if yes..so
Which entrans exams...??
2nd May 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

where can i get admission for civil diploma after my 12th commerce
8th March 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

I am commerce student...as you told that we can take dipLoma course in civil engineering. ..can I know how to join for this..and is there is any scope for this ?
28th January 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I am Bbm graduate ,but i am intrested in construction field so please suggest me the courses to get into construction field..
30th August 2016, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to join hydrolic college.i am student of bba Third year student.please help me to find suitable course for me
31st August 2016, 01:34 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible for civil engineering course because you are commerce student.

Those candidates who have passed 12th with PCM are eligible for this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?