11th May 2020, 02:23 PM
Tejas Hiraskar

Is 11th and 12th mandatory to be eligible to write the AFCAT entrance?

I have completed BE and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering without 12th qualifications. Am I eligible to apply and write the AFCAT entrance examination as I have not done my 11th and 12th?

13th May 2020, 04:10 PM
Mantun Bhai

Default Re: Is 11th and 12th mandatory to be eligible to write the AFCAT entrance?

Yes, it 8s mandatory to have completed regular higher secondary school degree course ( i.e; Class 11th and Class 12th) with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects to be eligible for appearing in AFCAT.

So, having opted for Diploma in Mechanical engineering degree course instead of regular higher secondary school degree course, you are not eligible to apply for the AFCAT.
14th May 2020, 10:54 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 11th and 12th mandatory to be eligible to write the AFCAT entrance?

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. Selection of candidates for three different branches called Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground Duty branch is done through this exam.

1. As per advertisement, a candidate must have done 12th with Physics, Mathematics and secured 60% marks and bachelor's degree in science or engineering for Flying branch and Technical branch.

2. Non science stream candidates can apply for Ground Duty branch.

The minimum age is 20 years and upper age limit for Flying is 24 years and that for Ground duty is 26 years.
14th May 2020, 11:25 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

For AFCAT, Passing 11th and 12th class is not compulsory to join AFCAT. After passing B.E (Mechanical Engineering), you are eligible to apply for flying duty and ground technical duty.

AFCAT Eligibility

Flying Duty
You must have passed (10+2) with 60% marks in physics and mathematics each and passed graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed B.E/B.Tech with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed section A and B examination of AMIE (associate membership of institution of engineers).
OR
You must have passed aeronautical society of India with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

Ground Technical Duty

For Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
You must have passed (10+2) with at least 60% marks in physics and mathematics each and passed 4 year engineering degree in mechanical branch from a recognized university.
OR
You must have passed section A and section B of AMIE (associate membership of institution of india).
14th May 2020, 11:42 AM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

-----Only Diploma holders are not eligible for AFCAT. Only graduates or final year in graduation students can apply. If you are a diploma holder only and have not done graduation then sorry to inform, but you can not apply. In case of Flying Branch, your educational qualification should be B.Tech...
14th May 2020, 09:22 PM
kuwaitjob

Eligibility criteria:

1.You should have mandatory passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2.

2.Graduates with a minimum of three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks .
15th May 2020, 05:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligiblility to appear for the AFCAT examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or in the final year of bachelor degree.

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics as main paper.

The minimum required aggregate is 60%.

Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination without Mathematics and Physics in 10+2.
6th August 2021, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma and then degree no (11 and12th ) can i apply in AFCAT for flying branch ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?