8th August 2019, 12:20 PM
Nived p Menon

Are 3rd year candidates allowed to write the GATE and UPSC?

Hi, currently I am in my 3rd year of B.Tech course. Can I apply for GATE and UPSC examination? Or, do I need to complete the B.Tech and then apply for these exams? Can't I apply while continuing my B.Tech final year?

13th August 2019, 09:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are 3rd year candidates allowed to write the GATE and UPSC?

Being, a student of third year of your four year B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course, you are not eligible for appearing in GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) or UPSC (officially known as the Civil Service examination) at this stage but you can apply for the same examinations from next year (i.e; by the time you get into final year of your bachelor's degree course) as for appearing in these examinations, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in concerned discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in while for details regarding GATE, you can refer to the link www.iitm.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?