13th November 2019, 03:47 PM
Priyanka Garg (1275161)

Am I eligible to appear in NET if completed correspondence MCA course?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am studying MCA course in correspondence mode from Sastra University. Am I eligible for NET exam? I want to appear in NET so that I can study PhD program. Please let me know as soon as possible.

14th November 2019, 10:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET if completed correspondence MCA course?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and to appear in the same examination the minimum education required is a Master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So, having completed your MCA (Master of Computer Application) degree course in correspondence mode, you are eligible to apply for NET if your college is approved by UGC for offering MCA degree course in distance mode and you have managed to complete your MCA degree course with at least 55% marks (or 50% marks in case you belong to reserved category).

For details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
15th November 2019, 06:17 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET if completed correspondence MCA course?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET is examination conducted by NTA for UGC and CSIR. CSIR NET is conducted for science stream candidates. NTA UGC NET is conducted for arts stream candidates.

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NET exam is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Candidate must have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

Your distance master's degree will be valid if you have done it from institute approved by Distance Education council.
15th November 2019, 10:34 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

For appearing in NET exam after completing correspondence MCA course following eligibility required -

Candidates marks in MCA or relevant course should be 55% marks or more in aggregate.

University should be approved by Distance Education Council for conducting the course.

SC/ST candidates should have minimum 50 % marks.

Final years students can apply.

Age limit of candidates should be between 21to 28 years.

For more information log on to official website www.ugcnetonline.in.
15th November 2019, 12:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET examination is National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET:

1. Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. If pursued in distance mode then it must be approved by DEC.

3. The minimum percentage requirements is 55% in master's degree.

You can apply for NET exam if completed MCA from correspondence mode.
15th November 2019, 03:58 PM
Anuj Pubg

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET if completed correspondence MCA course?

Candidate should have scored 55% marks in Masters degree from any recognized university/ institution. Candidate should not be more than 30 years.
There is a 5% relaxation for the candidates belong to the reserved category.

You may visit the website www.collegeduniya.com for more information.
15th November 2019, 07:34 PM
sarika1993

If you belongs to general category, then you must have 55% marks in aggregate in MCA and you are eligible to apply for UGC NET exam even though completed MCA in correspondence mode. If belongs to OBC/SC/ST category, then require 50% marks in aggregate in master's. It's not compulsory to do master's in regular mode to apply for UGC NET.

Age Limit
- 30 years for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)
- No age limit for the post of Assistant Professor.
16th November 2019, 11:12 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

After completion of your MCA course if you will scored minimum 55% marks then you will be eligible for UGC NET examination.
16th November 2019, 11:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for UGC NET exam only if you satisfy following points i.e.
  • You should have secured at least 55% marks in MCA/M.Sc. (through Distance or Regular mode)
  • In case, if you are pursuing MCA from correspondence mode, then that university should be approved by 'Distance Education Council (DEC)' for offering that course.

As per Sastra University's official site (https://www.sastra.edu/distanceeducation/), their courses are approved by DEC, so you can apply for UGC NET exam as soon as you reach in final year of your course.

Note that NET exam is conducted in June and December month.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?