12th March 2019, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET with 54% in 1st semester being a MSc(Economics) 2nd semester student?

Dear Sir, I am a student of MSc with Economics in GNDU. I am studying in 2nd semester and I have secured 54% in 1st semester. I want to know that right now I am eligible to apply for UGC-NET or not?

15th March 2019, 04:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET with 54% in 1st semester being a MSc(Economics) 2nd semester student?

Master of Science in Economics candidates need to apply for CSIR NET examination. CSIR NET stands for Council for Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NET examination is master's degree in science with minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit to apply for CSIR NET examination for lectureship. Upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.
15th March 2019, 05:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET with 54% in 1st semester being a MSc(Economics) 2nd semester student?

To apply for UGC NET, the minimum education required is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks (or 50% marks in case of candidates belonging SC/ST or PH category) overall ( considering marks in all academic year) from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their Master degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of first year of Master's degree course in Economics, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET this year.

For more detailed information regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
17th March 2019, 10:05 PM
Verma_Ishwar

Post Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET with 54% in 1st semester being a MSc(Economics) 2nd semester student?

Yes . only requirement is that you need to clear you post graduation in 2 years after clearing your UGC NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?