22nd June 2013, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for bank PO after doing bachelor degree from distance education

I have got bachelor's degree from distance education programme of open universities like Ignoo, Nalanda open Univesity etc. Am I eligible for bank p.o. Since I am graduate but had a correspondance course.

9th July 2013, 09:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank PO after doing bachelor degree from distance education

You can apply for bank P.O, if you have obtained the required qualification from any of the recognized Universities. Such candidates can apply for other governmental test also. In order to apply for bank P.O, your age should be less than 30 years. Selection is made through written test and interview. IBPS and SBI often conduct recruitment to bank P.O position.
9th July 2013, 10:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank PO after doing bachelor degree from distance education

That should not be any problem if you completed graduation from recognized college. If the college is not recognized only then there could be a problem. Otherwise banking exams do accept the correspondence and distance education degree.

You can appear for Bank PO entrance exams conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services. However there are some requirements you need to meet in order to appear for the entrance exam.

The Institute of Banking Personnel Services conduct the exam for 19 Public Sector Banks. Clearing the exam alone does not guarentee recruitment. But when there is a requirement of Bank PO by a participating bank, you will appear for the interview with graduation degree and other documents including the IBPS scorecard.

Bank PO Eligibility

1. IBPS exams are only open for Indian nationals.

2. You should have completed graduation.

3. No less than 60 percent marks in graduation.

4. A certificate in Computer operating skills.

5. Computer Science subject in 12th or graduation will also do.

6. Your age should be at least 20 years to apply for it.

7. The upper age limit is now 28 years which was earlier 30.

8. OBC can get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.

9. SC/ST can apply upto 33 years for the exam.

10. Person with Disability is eligible up to 38 years.

List of Participating Banks (PSU)

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank
9th July 2013, 11:00 AM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi...............
Friends,

Yes,

You are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Bank PO exam eligibility criteria like ::
========================

*** The candidates must be citizen of Indian

*** The candidates must be complete graduation degree in any recognized university

*** Your age limit between ,

21 to 30 years for General candidates

21 to 33 years for OBC candidates

21 to 35 years for SC / ST candidates

Selection Process like ::
===============

*** Written test

*** Interview.

All the best..................
9th July 2013, 11:20 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got bachelor's degree from distance education programme of open universities like Ignoo, Nalanda open Univesity etc. Am I eligible for bank p.o. Since I am graduate but had a correspondance course.

YES, you are eligible to apply for the Bank PO exams

Bank PO exams are conducted by IBPS for 20 Government banks and SBI conducts the PO exams for its own banks

Currently there is no notifications for the PO written exams either by SBI or IBPS

Eligibilty for the IBPS PO exams:
Graduation Pass
Age should be between 20 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Eligibilty for the SBI BANK PO exams:
Min educational qualifications is Graduation Pass
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations
9th July 2013, 01:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes your Distance Education Graduation is valid for Bank PO examination if you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

IGNOU and Nalanda are recognized Universities so you don't worry about eligibility if you have done Graduation from these Universities

Age Limit for Bank PO:

The age required is 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates. Age relaxation is available for reserved categories.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

PWD - 10 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Written Examination

-Interview and Group Discussion

For more information visit following websites:

-For IBPS Official website visit http://www.ibps.in

-For SBI official website visit http://www.sbi.co.in
9th July 2013, 03:35 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to apply for the position of Bank PO even though you have completed your Graduation in Distance Learning.

This is not a problem at all for your eligibility for Bank PO position.

Only thing which is important is whether you have completed the Graduation successfully or not.

It would be better if you have scored more than 50% of marks in your Graduation which will be the upcoming criteria for the candidates to apply for IBPS PO Exam.

The selection procedure for Bank PO positions will be by
Written Exam
Interview

Written Exam consists of questions from the following categories
Reasoning
Numerical Ability
General Awareness
General English
Computer Knowledge

There is negative marking in the written exam for the wrong answers.

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to apply for this exam.

21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

If you want to get this job, join in top coaching institute.

Improve your logical skills very well.

Practice previous papers and mock test as many as you can.

Then it will be easy for you to crack the exam.

Wish you all the best.
9th July 2013, 07:11 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Aspirant,

♦>> A candidate holding the Graduation Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying the bank PO Exam. Bank PO Stands for the Probationary Officer. there is mainly two types of Bank PO Exam are conducted through out the year are SBI PO and IBPS PO Exam......

♦>> Since, you have completed your Graduation degree (Bachelor Degree) through Distance mode you so, you have sufficient Educational Qualification for applying this exam so, if you are age fall between the Required Criteria for PO Exam then you definitely eligible for this exam......

Exam Pattern:-

• General Awareness - 50 marks.
  • English Language - 50 marks.
  • Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks.
  • Computer Knowledge - 50 marks.
  • Reasoning Ability - 50 marks.
  • Total Marks : 250 marks.
  • Time Duration : 2 hours 30 minute

Eligibility and Criteria:-

♦>> A candidate must have Nationality of India.

♦>> A candidate must have completed at least their Graduation degree or Equivalent Course of Study with the duration of Three years from the recognized Universities can appear for this exam......

♦>> A candidate must have secure at least 60%...

♦>> Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

♦>> Relaxation for the OBC category up to 3 years on upper age that is 33 years.

♦>> For SC/ST it is up to 5 years on upper age that is 35 years.

♦>> For PH category up to 10 years that is 40 years.

♦>> A candidate must have the Knowledge of the Computer Application...

♦>> A candidate must be aware with the knowledge of local Language of the state were he/she appear for the post of Bank PO.....

Books for the PO Exam:-

SBI PO - 20 Practice Sets (E)
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs. 236

Target SBI Associates and SBI Bank PO Practice Workbook: 2 Past Papers & 12 Practice Sets
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2013)
Price: Rs. 179

IBPS PO - 20 Practice Sets
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs. 276

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
17th July 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for bank po exam if i have done graduation in B.ed?
1st September 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ' As i had completed AME ( aircraft maintenance engineering) for hyderabad as wellas B.sc from singhaniya university i.e correspondence course ith 78 % .so can u please tell me i am eligibil for Banking exams (IBPS probationary exam ) .plz waiting for your kind reply ....
3rd November 2014, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

is distance education certificate from bharathiyar university eligible for sbi and other bank exams pls reply
20th November 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I have done my BSc degree first two year in regular stream and third year through lateral entry distance education in Annamalai university. Am I eligible for ibps and SBI exams
6th February 2015, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I'm complete b.com degree 40% , ambedkar open university, am I eligible to sbi po 2015 please tell me ...
my mail id : [email protected]
8th May 2015, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Distance degree from shobith University is eligible for bank jobs 2015??
8th July 2015, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared in my B.Com final year exam in the month of June 2015 .My result is expected in NOV 2015 . Am I eligible for IBPS 2015 exam
9th July 2015, 04:05 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends............
Yes, you can eligible for Bank PO Exams.
There are no restrictions about the graduation in Distance (or) Corresponding.
Eligibility Criteria Probationary Officer:-

You must have attained the attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the maximum age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST categories , 3 years relaxation for OBC categories , 5 years relaxation for Ex-Servicemen categories .

There are certain eligibility criteria which are needed in order to apply for the exam:

The candidate should be a Citizen of India

The age limit needed for the exam is that technical candidate must have 21-30 years

There are certain age relaxation for other category candidate.

The Education qualification which is needed is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam

ALL THE BEST
23rd November 2015, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i have completed mca with 70% marks from annamalai university in 2010 through distance education. am i eligible for ibps bank so it officer test
24th November 2015, 01:38 PM
anuradha1985

Yes you are eligible for Bank clerk . bank PO, exam . You can appear for IBPS,SBI
exam,Private bank jobs,some banks conduct their own selection procedure,so you can apply for for these exam.

IBPS PO pattern

IBPS comprises two section for PO

1). Prelims

2). Main test

Prelims test Pattern:-

Reasoning 35 marks

Math 35 marks

English 30 marks

Mains test pattern-

Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
English
General awareness
Computer

SBI also have two part for exam

Prelims
Mains

SBI conduct descriptive paper along with Main exam

Descriptive paper consists letter writing and essay.

All the best
14th April 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

i am eligible for bank po after doing bachelor degree in paramedical for distance learning?
28th April 2016, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.com through distance education from Madras university am I eligible for bank po exam?
21st October 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation in mathematics from vinayka mission distance mode is valid for ibps
27th November 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I have done BBA from ptu Jalandhar distance mode Rampur up centre is I take the exam ibps
17th March 2017, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

My son completed B.com.degree under distance education from S.K.D.university.A.P. Is he eligible for appearing Bank PO 'S examinations & other bank posts.
20th May 2017, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BSC with 54% mark under Bharatiya university .I'm I eligible for bank exams
24th April 2018, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I give bank p.o. exam after completing my graduation in assam downtown university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?