3rd November 2015, 10:10 AM
RIPAN R M

Am I eligible to do M.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Physics honours?

If this is possible then what step i shall take next? I am doing final year BSc. in Phy hons. now. Can i do MTech. after this course? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thanks!

3rd November 2015, 07:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Physics honours?

For the admission in M.Tech Course a candidate has to appear in GATE exam that stands for General Aptitude Test In Engineering.

Eligibility to appear in GATE:

Graduate candidates in B.Tech/BE/Arch.

Candidates with masters in any stream of Science are eligible for the exam.

No age limit.

You are not eligible for the exam as you degree holder in science subject.
First complete your masters then only you can appear in the exam.
4th November 2015, 12:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Physics honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPAN R M View Post
If this is possible then what step i shall take next? I am doing final year BSc. in Phy hons. now. Can i do MTech. after this course? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thanks!
No, B.Sc in Physics student are not eligible for M.Tech course.

If you have once completed M.Sc degree in Physics then you are eligible for M.Tech course but you must have valid GATE score.

Your age should be above 16 years.
4th November 2015, 01:12 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

M.Tech stands for Master in Technology.
The student who have completed Bachelor of Technology(B.Tech) in any stream from a recognized university, are eligible to appear in the entrance examination for admission in M.Tech.
For, the students who want to take admission in B.Tech then they must need Bachelor of Science(B.Sc) and Master of Science(M.Sc) degree both in either Physic, chemistry or Mathematics to become eligible for admission in M.Tech.

The most common entrance examination in M.Tech is GATE.
GATE stands for Graduate Test in Engineering and is conducted jointly by IISc and seven Indian Institute of Technology for admission in M.Tech.
Its score is valid for 2 years.
Registration for GATE 2016 was concluded on 8th October 2015 and the examination will be conducted from 30th January 2016 to 07th Feb 2016.
Result will be announced on 19th March 2016.
4th November 2015, 09:31 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you that you are not eligible for doing M.Tech after completing B.Sc. You can do M.Tech only after completing M.Sc course.

The eligibility for M.Tech :
1. You must be a B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university.
2. Candidates who have completed their MCA, M.Sc in maths, science can apply.
3. There is no age limit for doing M.Tech
4. There is no minimum marks percentage required for doing M.Tech.

The admission for M.Tech is based on the entrance exam. GATE is the entrance exam for M.Tech which is conducted every year in the month of February.

The score card of GATE is valid for 3 years. This exam will even help you get stipend every month.
5th November 2015, 08:39 PM
H Rimmy

Yes you can do M.Tech after completing B.Sc .You will have to appear entrance exam GATE.

M.Tech is a 2 years post graduation degree course.On the basis of scores in GATE exam you can get admission in M.Tech .

Entrance exam will be held on the month of Jan/Feb 2015.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?