16th June 2012, 06:37 PM
kiran kumar elkunchwar

Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in Aerospace if I do B.Tech Aerospace in IGNOU approved AICTE college?

Sir if i do btech aerospace in IGNOU approved AICTE college am i eligible for GATE and mtech in aerospace?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  2. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after doing B.Tech in Electrical and Communication
  3. Required Rank to get in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering in IIT?
  4. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace or Aeronatical Engineering?
  5. Can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme if pursuing M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  6. List of top 10 colleges offering Aeronautical Engineering courses in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?
  8. Is Aerospace Industry Good For Career and Evergreen?
  9. In which college can I apply after scoring 40.33 marks in GATE? Can I get admission in any of the IITs?
  10. Am I eligible to write GATE after doing B.Tech Mechanical from IGNOU
  11. Can I get admission in MIT for M.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) without TANCET if secured 34.45 marks in GATE?
  12. Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How can I do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after B.E. in Instrumentation?
  14. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  15. Mtech in Aerospace Engineering after Btech in Information Technology?
  16. Procedure, list of colleges, total expenses and course duration of Diploma in Aerospace Engineering for 12th student? Starting salary for diploma Aerospace Engineer? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible for Aerospace Engineering after B.E in Computer Science and Engineering?
  18. Syllabus of GATE exam to take admission in M.Tech Aerospace Engineering?
15th August 2012, 06:01 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in Aerospace if I do B.Tech Aerospace in IGNOU approved AICTE college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran kumar elkunchwar View Post
Sir if i do btech aerospace in IGNOU approved AICTE college am i eligible for GATE and mtech in aerospace?

Candidates who seeks to pursue B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, through Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU], must have passed the +2 level of examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidate belonging to reserved category needs to have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in the same. The duration fo the program is four years. Admission is based on merit.

The Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] offers B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering through Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology.

For detail information one may refer to the following Link.

The Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] is one of the most recognized Universities in the country and the B.Tech program in Aerospace Engineering is offered through regular mode, hence, the Degree will be valid and candidate will be eligible to appear in the GATE and pursue the M.Tech program from any of the recognized Institution given one fulfills the other eligibility criteria.
15th August 2012, 08:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in Aerospace if I do B.Tech Aerospace in IGNOU approved AICTE college?

Aerospace is one of the most interesting yet very difficult branch of Engineering. Aersopace deals with objects that can fly into space like satelite, space shuttle, space rocket, missiles etc. This makes aerospace a very interesting field.

Congratulations for completing B.Tech in Aerospace from IGNOU. Its great to see that you are interested in further studies and want to do M.Tech in Aerospace.

You are certainly eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace but before you do that, it is necessary to appear in GATE entrance exam. Now I can understand your confusion regarding appearing for the GATE entrance exam because IGNOU offer corresponce courses. But you can be assured that to apply for GATE, this is a non issue.

To make it crystal clear for you. There is no problem for you to apply for GATE entrance exam as well the M.Tech course in Aerospace. However a lot would depend on how you perform in GATE if you want admission for post graduation in Engineering regardless the stream.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted by the IITs and IISc on the behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development. As I said earlier that your performance in GATE entrance exam would determine whether you will get admission for M.Tech or not.

I should warn you that GATE is one of the toughest entrance exams in India. It is also very competitive because at least 5 lakh candidates apply for GATE every year. You will have to prepare hard and well in advance to crack the GATE entrance exam.

My recommendation always is to join coaching classes if you can afford them. Because preparing on your own could be difficult where in coaching classes you would have professionals working on you. They will create a schedule for you to follow which would prepare you better for GATE entrance exam.

You can also do your part by downloading previous years GATE question papers from internet and by taking mock test that are widely available online for GATE candidates. This would be my recommendation for you regarding the GATE exam.
15th August 2012, 08:36 PM
singhhr23

Yes you are eligible and you made a good choice.As you have done B.tech in aerospace its good to go for M.tech.

Eligibility to appear for GATE Exam:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Here i am giving you some tricks to prepare for Gate exam..

Once you are decided to take up GATE exam and read important information related to it, you are ready to go ahead with preparation. few suggestions for students who are serious about cracking GATE exam.

Buy or get a copy of previous year question papers if possible with solutions. Having a hard copy is very important and we are going to refer it again and again during whole preparation.

Refer to syllabus and analyze the number of questions asked in each subject.

Make a priority list of subjects based on marks or preference given it in previous exams. Marks distribution of subject will help you prioritize and allocate preparation time to different subjects. If distribution is not prepared we usually end up in a random preparation and finally will have tough time dealing with important subjects.
Just for example, in GATE CS and IT paper, around 15~20% is from Mathematics, and then Programming and Data Structures, Theory of computation, OS and digital logic.

Allocate realistic time for each subject. And read it all, as there is huge to cover and it’s easy to ask few marks question from anywhere in a subject.

thanks.......
28th September 2012, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in Aerospace engg if I do B.E. in civil engg????????
28th September 2012, 02:48 PM
aniashree

Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in Aerospace if I do B.E. in Civil engg?
13th October 2012, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

I,m doing my BTECH mechanical (4th year)from IGNOU.
Please tell me after completing the course am i elligible to write GATE exam?
Is the course approved by AICTE?
19th November 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE and M.Tech in MECHNICAL if I do B.Tech MACHICAL in KSOU approved DEC college.
20th October 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

good day... am i eligible to go for m.tech in aerospace after doing b.tech in computer science engg???
2nd April 2022, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know if I can do mtech in aerospace engineering or aeronautic engineering with a btech in automobile engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?